+1

T'ing into existing line for bilge pump?

Do you have to make a dedicated line with a pisser when adding a bilge pump or can you T into the line for the stock pump thing?

Better yet, could you replace the stock unit by the drive shaft with a Rule 500 GPH unit. Would the hose the stock unit uses fit the Rule pump?

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    You have to make sure water does not back flow. Like if you motor was off it could, I know there is a sort of check vavle there. but pissers are cheap. I just bought one yeaterday for 10.00 plus 6 shipping.
    For what it is worth?

+1
    If you notice your stock "syphon" bilge----you will see that the rubber hose goes up and over to the corner and is connected with a "one-way" check valve that has air (water too) sucked through it by the water forces going through the exit nozz of your pump.

You can throw that piece of shit away---all of it except the one way check valve that connects the 2 hoses together. Use that valve like the picture shows and have the hose dump overboard.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Cool. I was not sure how good that check vavle was. thats why I put in a pisser. I guess I won't use the one I just bought. Thanks ABBOTT

+1
    Thanks Abbot, this is very helpful.

Couple questions:

Regardless of removing that check valve you're still retaining the stock strainer by the drive shaft correct?

The line you have going from the check valve up to the top of your ski is where you put a exit for the water correct? Is that just an open hole fitting, unlike the pissers which direct the water at a 90 degree angle?

Thanks again for your help and the pictures.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SV650SGPR
    Thanks Abbot, this is very helpful.

Couple questions:

Regardless of removing that check valve you're still retaining the stock strainer by the drive shaft correct?

The line you have going from the check valve up to the top of your ski is where you put a exit for the water correct? Is that just an open hole fitting, unlike the pissers which direct the water at a 90 degree angle?

Thanks again for your help and the pictures.
    That is correct. I completely removed the syphon bilge and used a dremel tool to saw the "exit stick" out of the exit nozz-then filled in with JB Weld. The through-hull connection where the hose would come out was filled with just plain old aquarium type silicone to keep any wat from coming in.

The Old OEM exit for the Electric Bilge was filled with silicone as well---see the 2003 boats and up came with both the syphone and the newly added electric "automatic" bilge pumps---so 2003 GPRs and up essentially have 2 bilge pumps.

Since i had 2 from the beginning, i just removed the syphon bilge, pluged the holes then diverted the electric bilge exit from the bottom to the top of the backside of the boat (because i wanted to see if water was coming out). I stole the check valve off of the syphon bilge and put it between my electric bilge exit and the pump itself. The reason for the valve there is because i have 3 pissers on the back of my boat pissing right into the damn bilge hole at idle, so i needed something to stop me from sinking myself. LOL

I hope that this helps.

+1
    Ah, okay! Everything is perfectly clear now! I'm going to try and find my leak this week. If no luck then ill be getting an electric bilge. Thanks for all your help. As usual you have gone above and beyond. You da man!

+1
    Damn, John, the inside of your ski is a bright at the outside! How many batteries does it take to power all that chit? Do your neighbors complain about the strange glow coming from your garage at night?

Thread Information