Florissant, MO

96 Challenger 787 Help

Hi everybody Im new to posting on this forum. Ive been reading a lot of information on this site since i joined. So thanks all for the info ive gathered so far.

I am putting a 96 Seadoo Challenger back together and had a few questions. I have searched all over and cant seem to find any information on this year boat. I installed a reman motor and thats about the extent of the work ive done so far.

1: Where is the best place to buy oem seadoo parts for this boat?
    Thanks for the help. I have a few more questions now.

2: I am breaking in the reman motor. It idles fine and runs low throttle fine but bogs at about 3500rpm. The maufacturer told me to run the oil at 32:1. I know thats for break-in but would that explain the bogging at higher rpm? Also they said to idle for 10 minutes before going out. I know you can foul plugs at idle should i switch plugs and see if that helps. Is there any down side to switching to fresh plugs? Is there anything else that would cause it to bog down? Too rich? or:

3: I have heard about a rev limiter that works when the shifter is in neutral but i dont know much about it. Can any one tell me how to test this sensor or over ride it? I have read that it could cause the bogging issue im having.

Thanks in advance for any help and Hello all.

Cypress, TX
    I buy OEM parts from Email them a list of part numbers using their request form and they will return the price.

Bogging may be due to gunk in the internal carb filters. Did you determine what happened to the original engine and fix it. Were the carb rebuilt?

Thread Information