96 polarios slt 780 engine mod

It's not necessarily an engine mod, so much as an engine switch completely. i was curious if i could take a bigger engine, preferable the 1050 and drop it in the 780's place? or what i could do to the 780 to make it as fast as possible without getting a different engine

**typo in the title

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    This is often asked, but the answer is always the same. Buy a bigger ski!!!

Anything is possible, but the hassle and $$$ will not be worth it. Just buy a 1050 from the start and enjoy.....

There's a number of things that can be done to improve the speed and handling of a 780, but will take a good amount of $$$ to try and make it really fast.

Check out the projects section on here. Alot of nice skis with every mod you can think of.....

well i thought gettin the 780 at a low price, would give me money for the engine. instead of spending alot of money for a complete ski.

If you start mixing the blue Fuji engines and the Red domestic engines, it is going to be a huge pain in the but and cost a lot of money.

If you want to get out on the water for cheap, and know how to do all the mechanics yourself, buy a Polaris jet ski with a blue engine (Fuji)

Ebay is flooded with parts for these engines, and they sell for really cheap. I was looking for parts on Ebay for one of the red domestic engines, and it is a lot harder to find and also more expensive.

If you buy a Fuji Polaris, there are a couple of updates that you need to do, but once done, I find they are a pretty good ride.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris96 View Post
    well i thought gettin the 780 at a low price, would give me money for the engine. instead of spending alot of money for a complete ski.
    If that's the case, then re-sell the 780 for a profit and put that towards a bigger ski.

The 1050 or 1200's can be bought for very fair prices, just need to look for deals...

Smile

[quote=rob2337;991608]If you start mixing the blue Fuji engines and the Red domestic engines, it is going to be a huge pain in the but and cost a lot of money.

If you want to get out on the water for cheap, and know how to do all the mechanics yourself, buy a Polaris jet ski with a blue engine (Fuji)

Ebay is flooded with parts for these engines, and they sell for really cheap. """"I was looking for parts on Ebay for one of the red domestic engines, and it is a lot harder to find and also more expensive.!!!!"""

The trick to find cheap parts for a red engine is buy a non-running sltx for 500.00 or less and youre set!!(depend on why its not running)my customer picked up a barn queen sltx,it only needed a cdi unit 280.00 drain fuel and oil tank ,a little clean up(carbs etc. and he regularly makes 100 mile R/T on it.THis is cheapest of 4 he has bought and has no problems with it.others have carboned up rings,etc>Marvin

I wish there were deals like that here.

Thread Information