stx 15f upgrade modifications

Hi,

I was looking at getting my stx15F slightly modified by my Mechanic.
    I was going to change the ride plate, grate, prop, put on a high flow air filter.
    My mechanic was also going to increase the timing a few degrees as well.
    I am not sure what parts he was going to use but apparantly these mods should get me up over 66, with faster hook up.
    Has anyone done this sort of work to their 15f and what was the gain's achieved over stock?
    Also, increasing the timing, will this cause any long term problems to the motor?

Thanks again,

Matt.

welcome to the forum! those are all great mods to start out with. not many people w/ 15f's seem to advance the timing, its a cheap mod to do but doesnt seem to yield a gain. Many more 250x guys do this mod, but if you choose to do it i dont think it will effect the reliability at all. Now most of this work can be done by yourself w/ minimal mechanical knowledge. Its all basic bolt ons. get yourself a metric socket set, phillips and flat head screw drivers, metric allen wrenches, and a kawasaki impeller tool and go to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    welcome to the forum! those are all great mods to start out with. not many people w/ 15f's seem to advance the timing, its a cheap mod to do but doesnt seem to yield a gain. Many more 250x guys do this mod, but if you choose to do it i dont think it will effect the reliability at all. Now most of this work can be done by yourself w/ minimal mechanical knowledge. Its all basic bolt ons. get yourself a metric socket set, phillips and flat head screw drivers, metric allen wrenches, and a kawasaki impeller tool and go to work!
    Thanks for that info,
    I will be putting a solas prop on, K/n high flow air filter and better intake grate for better pick up in the chop.
    What top end gain should I roughly get over standard?
    also,
    Will I get better hole shot and mid range acceleration with these mods?
    and
    What ride plate do you guys recommend for the 15f over the standard one and what do these after market ride plates do for the ski over the stock ones?

I will not get the timing advance done as it sounds like it will do very little or nothing for this ski.

Thanks again for any responses.

Regards Matt.

Ride plates

I just got the new Shredmaster, check out the Thread on that for my results, the Shredmaster, R&D and Group K modified Stock are your only options at this time, Heard something about Worx possibly making one, I am very happy with the Shredder.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier416 View Post
    I just got the new Shredmaster, check out the Thread on that for my results, the Shredmaster, R&D and Group K modified Stock are your only options at this time, Heard something about Worx possibly making one, I am very happy with the Shredder.

Tony
    Thanks Tony,
    I will look at the Shredmaster plate, sounds good.
    I was going to get the solas concord impeller fitted.
    Do these make a big difference over the stock ones?
    Also,
    whats the best, 14/21 or 15/21?
    I think these were the recommended concord impellers for the 15F but what do these numbers mean?
    Sorry for the newbie questions, and thanks for any replies, I just don't want to waste money on things that don't work.

Regards Matt.

the 15/21 is way too steep, you wont get high enough RPMS you'll actually lose speed and performance. i'd get a 13/19 Spec from dave at Impros. check out Impros.com and give them a call. Great all around performance, increases speed, mid and accel.

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier416 View Post

Tony
    So, does the Shredmaster give you a few mile top end?

Regards Matt.

+1
    I know the r&d plate gave me a couple more mph on top don't know about the shred. I have a used 15f spec prop i'd sell cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by xxx2 View Post
    I know the r&d plate gave me a couple more mph on top don't know about the shred. I have a used 15f spec prop i'd sell cheap.
    Thanks for the offer mate, but I am in Australia so might cost too much to send down here, I will look into the rd plate as well.

Regards Matt.

Thread Information