Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to take a part 2005 RXP throttle body? Instructions?

Hey,

I haven't used my 2005 Saedoo RXP for a while and Ive just gone over it and I cant move the throttle at all.

Under closer inspection the actual throttle body is stuck tight.

Is there instructions somewhere I can use to see how to take it apart and lube it all up. Is that the right thing to do in the first place?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Ross

+1
    Remove the throttle body from the intake manifold and submerge it in a coffee can full of deisel fuel for an hour or two. After that, use spray lube on the butterfly valve assy. inside and out and see what that gets you. Wipe it down real good when you're done. You might try to lube the throttle cable too.

Thanks heaps for your reply.

But i dont know what most of that ment or is.

Are there some instructions somewhere on how to remove it?

Thanks heaps

Quote Originally Posted by Atliens View Post
    Thanks heaps for your reply.

But i dont know what most of that ment or is.

Are there some instructions somewhere on how to remove it?

Thanks heaps
    Stop! are you sure it's the throttle body that is siezed or the cable? POE procedure (Process Of Elimination) disconect the cable from the housing. I don't know if I have a picture to help you out but, I will try. When you isolated both parts, see if the throttle cable is the problem. hopefully it's the cable and not the throttle body. If the throttle body is the stuck part, DO NOT TAKE IT OUT from were it is mounted. DO NOT adjust or start moving screws or bolts. Get a spray can lube and spray the shit out of it. let it sit and slowy and patiently move the lever where the cable is hooked up too to move the butterfly. "Patience" is the word that will save you $$$ in the end. The reason I don't want you to disturb that throtle body is if you start messing with it, You might draw a Fault code. You will need a Buds system hook-up to clear that code. = $$$$ depending how your local dealer will bend you over stay in touch hope this help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1667.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	652.1 KB 
ID:	121880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1701.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	121881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1668.jpg 
Views:	1160 
Size:	947.0 KB 
ID:	121882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1697.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	121883  

+1
    how many bolts holding the TB onto the intake manifold ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    how many bolts holding the TB onto the intake manifold ???

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    they lock up non-stop in salt water skis... by far the number one spring time repair on 4-tecs... actually it could be a close tie between lcoked up TBs or locked up old version steering cables

have never seen a throttle cable lock up... but have seen several dozen TBs lock up.

most of them free up with spraying them down and breaking them free and working them back and forth and letting them soak... many times it's just putting a band-aid on a bullethole.... it'll lock up again the next time u dont use it often... unless you spray it down internally as part of ur regualr maintenance.

if you have a 2002-2005 4-tec... you can buy the throttle body lube kit update which you drill the TB and put a fitting with a hose and nipple to attach a can of spray lube to inject into the TB... the position of this fitting is before the TB blade so it settles in the bottom of the TB where the shaft comes thru, as that's where it locks up.... 06 and newer skis already have this lube kit (altho a few early 06 models snuck out without the kits)

as long as you dont touch the idle adjustment screw... ur fine. I've taken the whole butterfly and shafts out of several of them that were severely locked up, or repeat customers that come in annually for the same issue (locked up TB) once it comes in twice it's time to dismantle and really clean it out and install the lube kit and show them how to do it every few rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    they lock up non-stop in salt water skis... by far the number one spring time repair on 4-tecs... actually it could be a close tie between lcoked up TBs or locked up old version steering cables

have never seen a throttle cable lock up... but have seen several dozen TBs lock up.

most of them free up with spraying them down and breaking them free and working them back and forth and letting them soak... many times it's just putting a band-aid on a bullethole.... it'll lock up again the next time u dont use it often... unless you spray it down internally as part of ur regualr maintenance.

if you have a 2002-2005 4-tec... you can buy the throttle body lube kit update which you drill the TB and put a fitting with a hose and nipple to attach a can of spray lube to inject into the TB... the position of this fitting is before the TB black so it settles in the bottom of the TB where the shaft comes thru, as that's where it locks up.... 06 and newer skis already have this lube kit (altho a few early 06 models snuck out without the kits)

as long as you dont touch the idle adjustment screw... ur fine. I've taken the whole butterfly and shafts out of several of them that were severely locked up, or repeat customers that come in annually for the same issue (locked up TB) once it comes in twice it's time to dismantle and really clean it out and install the lube kit and show them how to do it every few rides.
    I thought about you when I saw this thread...What the Heck took you soooo long?????????

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    forget about me and where i was (just being a homewrecker ) .... i wanna know more about your banning!!!! you better kiss and tell

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    forget about me and where i was (just being a homewrecker ) .... i wanna know more about your banning!!!! you better kiss and tell
    I can't go into details as there's a lot of Lemmings here. They are into the Koo coos clan, ya know the one that wears a white cone on top of their heads with 2 holes for their eyes..it's something like this----> anyways it happened when everybody was asleep and there's only 2 people that was awake. short and sweet I caught them, they woke up and deleted everything to hide it...end of story. They banned me temporary to shut me up. it was a K-mart clean up on isle #5 kinda story There's a lot of 2 faced Lemmings out here amoungs us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information