what year/model is this

Hi can someone please tell me the year and model number this is? I am interested in buying it but I need to get some info first.
    Thanks

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/boa/1081662983.html

+1
    I beleive that is a 94 SL750. The hull ID # ,steel tag at right rear,the last 2 digits are the model year. The decal on side of hull will tell the model,ie; sl 750

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The ad says '98, but I think it is an earlier year.

It has the gas cap in the front, which with the blue paint scheme makes me think it is 1995/1996 or earlier.

It has the blue Fuji engine, which was the only engine 1992-1995, and then only on the 780 models in 1996/1997.

Looks like an SL650 or SL750 (2 seater, no reverse lever). Someone else may be able to recognize the particular colors and hull graphics more accurately.

The cover looks to be for a Virage or SLTX, as it doesn't fit properly (cover looks to be too long). OK for storage, but must be taken off before towing.

As mentioned by casey67, the hull ID tag on the rear deck, last two digits are the model year.

On the engine itself, the white sticker on the water manifold on top of the engine has a code that includes the engine size (650, 750, or 780)

Attached to this post is a document that might be useful when evaluating a PWC before purchase.

+1
    I live close and can check it out??

That looks like a 1995 sl750. It has the same decals as mine did and mostly the same color scheme. It looks like they added some mirrors.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    No Title for the ski may be a red flag.

The engine quitting and starting right up again, sounds like a piston seizure issue. (another red flag)

+1
    The reply from my e-mail

Here is some more info about the jet ski

It is an SL750.
    It ran strong for a while last time I used it then it died. It did restart though.
    Someone said it sounded like I had a ventilation problem.

About the title:

Title is for the boat the engine came out of and it does not match the hull but it does match the engine. It was built in Missouri by the original owner from two skis.
    The last time it was started the engine was strong. But it will need work. This is an as-is sale.
    The battery is dead.
    The body needs some work.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    No Title for the ski may be a red flag.

The engine quitting and starting right up again, sounds like a piston seizure issue. (another red flag)
    I tend to agree. You may not want to pay any more than what the trailer alone is worth.

Title always goes with the hull, not the engine. It is illegal to remove or change the HIN number plate from the hull.

So without title for the hull he is selling, any state registration you get would be for a hull number he doesn't have.

The engine may also have internal troubles, and the topsides needs some repair work, or possibly a replacement hood.

Smile

My customer has bought 4 sltx running and not running with title for 500.00 to 800.00 ea.The non running needed a cdi,and the one non titled ski for parts had 3 new pistons and 2 new cylinders,std. bore shop wanted money for parts without going thru repo deal.So still used polaris can be bought very cheap,for now,as soon as they thin out a bit more price might go up for spares.THere are too many good deals to be had to worry about no title ,unless you buy it for parts (at least in texas its big hassle to register)JMHO>Marvin

Thread Information