+1

PWC Riding stories

Funny or not, let’s hear those interesting stories.
    I’ll start; it's long, but funny.
    So I go meet 97GPSleeper (Brandon), Tommy, “no forum log in”, and Ronniew281 for some riding on a Bayou that was recently effected by hurricane Ike. I get there and Ronnie starts talking about how warm the water was, a balmy 71 degrees. So there is Brandon on the sleeper holding his own against 3 RXP-Xs. We all ride and visit for a while and not too much longer Brandon had to leave.
    The remaining 3 of us then decided to go down a 4-5 mile creek ride with lots of twisties and straight a-ways. Now keep in mind, Ronnie is the safety manager for an industrial construction company and I am in charge of our safety program for my company. We did not do any kind of a safety briefing, you know, you wait for this guy and this guy will wait for you, we just took off, balls to the wall. Well, about 3 miles down the creek, Tommy is leading the way, I am in the middle, and Ronnie is bringing up the rear, or so we thought. I look back and did not see him so I caught up to Tommy and had him stop. I tried calling Ronnie on the cell but no answer. We then turned back to go look for him.
    After 2 miles we came up on him; he was on the ski headed our way. We all stopped to have this wet, cold, pissed off guy chunk a bowling ball towards our skis, while he was in the middle of a 40 word redneck cussing job.
    Apparently he was haulin ass along, saw the ball, but swerved too late to miss it. He hit the ball with his ski and then was thrown off. He said he had to swim well over 100 feet or so to get back to the ski, and while he was swimming, he could even hear his phone ringing and just knew it was us calling.
    I guess it is really one of those “you had to have been there stories”.

+1
    I don't even need to have seen it to know how funny that was. My tounsils are hurting from laughing so hard. I'm glad he did not get hurt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    I don't even need to have seen it to know how funny that was. My tounsils are hurting from laughing so hard. I'm glad he did not get hurt.
    I guess knowing Ronnie makes it that much funnier.
    He did get lucky, did not get hurt and did not mess up the ski.

+1
    That is too funny... I did not realize bowling balls are buoyant, I would have thought something like that would go right to the bottom...

The funniest story I ever heard was on another forum I think, maybe it was this forum I'm not sure. Anyway this guy told how he and his buddy were riding their skis WOT down a shallow river, very narrow and trees on both sides. They were flying along and all the sudden a DEER jumps out of the trees and bounces across the river in front of the guys PWC!!! Well fortunately he turned just in time and misses the deer, which hits the other side and takes off. He said he was just sitting there, trying to imagine how he would explain to his insurance company how he managed hit a freaking deer on his jet ski!!!

+1
    Years ago me and Cajundude were riding in Egret Bay at WOT when a fish jumped up, hit the visor, then hit him in the neck. It was hard to stop laughing.

+1
    Not my story, but I laugh every time I think about Ultra250 TN's story:

As a few of you know I have a prosthetic leg (got hit on a motorcycle) ........ Anyways In 2003 3 I had 2 Ultra 150's, and a buddy had one also,well we were racing out of the back of a cove,towards the channel in an area we call 2 Foot.its off to the side of the race area, (2 ft deep and sandy bottom where everybody anchors) as we were racing out of the back of the cove, there was a boat there in the race area, it decided to pull aff as we approached, well you know how boats make a big wake when they take off, well my buddy handled his side of the wake, I wasnt so lucky,I hit it and my ski shoots to the left(69+ mph ), I shoot to the right, and my prostehtic leg catches on the handle bar and goes flying thru the air, (that leg at that time looked real from a distance) I didnt see the reaction from the lady in the boat, as I was flip flopping across the water surface,but every one said she started screaming, "OH My God call 911 his leg came off" ,when I came to rest i was like 75 yrds from my 150 and about the same from my leg which was bobbing in the water toe up, my buddy swings around and goes and grabs my leg out of the water and raises it in Victory , the lady in the boat faints, lol, I saw that, well he comes over with my leg and drags me to my ski, I get on and get my leg back on and resituated, and I idle over to the boat and explain what happened..........it was some funny shit, to bad some one wasnt filming the race,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Not my story, but I laugh every time I think about Ultra250 TN's story:
    I am crying, I am laughing so hard.

That ladies face must have been priceless.....

+1
    Irony at its best and worst!!
    So, I tried out my new helmet today. Everything about it is great, it breaths well, it doesn't get heavy and I can see relatively well. Also, just as a bonus it will kill a duck at 55-60 mph. yeah, that right, I hit a duck. Ever want to know what it feels like to hit a duck a 55 mph then I come over to your house and smash your skull in with a baseball bat. Oh yeah, did i mention it hurts.........a lot.

Good news, is that the helmet held up like a trooper and I will never make fun of someone who wears a helmet for rec riding. I'm cured of that.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41516

+1
    Shortly after buying my RXT-X I met a guy on an 07 RXT and we rode together for an afternoon. We decided to go up a creek off of the New River and followed it until it was too narrow and shallow to navigate. After a short break we decided to head back out and I followed him. Now, this guy had a habit of taking turns real wide in case a boat was coming the other way. He got about 100 yards in front of me and I gunned it to catch up. He had just gone into a 110 degree hard left hander and I was gaining real fast. Mid turn I realized he had slowed down and I was overtaking him and without thinking, I feathered the throttle momentarily before realizing I couldn't steer without being on the juice. Of course, the ski immediately went straight just far enough to get stuck on the outside of his wake. At this point I just reacted like the jetski newbie I am and went to full throttle hoping a generous burst of horsepower would save me but the ski just "surfed" the edge of his wake right into and thru a stand of dead trees sticking out of the water 3 feet from shore. I just had time to "duck and cover" before the crash. The ski went right thru the trees and popped out the other side into the main channel again. I was bleeding from cuts to my head and arms and the ski was totally covered in brush and dead fall. All I could think was that I needed to clean the ski off quick before he turned around and saw what an idiot I was. The trees were so rotted and dried up that they literally disintegrated when I went thru them. It never occured to me to pop reverse and nail the throttle which would have probably saved me.

Thread Information