Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lazy mans going premix question.

Well I received my block-off kit for my 2000 GPR1200 and its way too much work for me just to put a block off kit on. I figured, I'd wait until I do something else where I have to remove the stinger and exhaust etc. Like a free flow job. So I had an idea (this is where i usually get in trouble) what if I cap off the carb lines like I'm supposed to, but instead of putting the block off kit on, run an extension tube back to my oil tank off (basically recycle it). I don't have to mess with the oil tank, I don't have remove hardly anything and I have the comfort of knowing I'm not going to blow anything up, I think. Did I miss anything? Any advice would help.

And yes I really am that lazy, thank you!

I would feel to cheesy to do that but it should work ,, at least until you have to get into that area for some other reason and can yank it then
    EDIT maybe pull the cable off if it's easy so it doesn't pump wot

+1
    bite the bullet and do it correct....but i like your lazy thinking

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetscreamer View Post
    Well I received my block-off kit for my 2000 GPR1200 and its way too much work for me just to put a block off kit on. I figured, I'd wait until I do something else where I have to remove the stinger and exhaust etc. Like a free flow job. So I had an idea (this is where i usually get in trouble) what if I cap off the carb lines like I'm supposed to, but instead of putting the block off kit on, run an extension tube back to my oil tank off (basically recycle it). I don't have to mess with the oil tank, I don't have remove hardly anything and I have the comfort of knowing I'm not going to blow anything up, I think. Did I miss anything? Any advice would help.

And yes I really am that lazy, thank you!
    your kidding right. the only thing challenging is pulling the exhaust. get that done and the job is easy. Do it right or leave the ski oil injected. just my 2 cents

+1
    Pulling the exhaust can be a pain at first, but its really easy after a few bolts. Do it right the first time.

What does everyone do with the oil pump cable after the block off kit? Do you cut it, or leave it alone and zip tie it to something? Just curious, just installed my block off kit last weekend!

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    i fiited the block off kit, and i asked the same question almost to the word,,, now ive done it i would recomend doing the job properly!! (1st time)

+1
    If you have a child under the age of 5, you can stuff him/her in through the hood and change it from the front

+1
    you just need a really long extension to change it from the fton

and take off the lid/visor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    What does everyone do with the oil pump cable after the block off kit? Do you cut it, or leave it alone and zip tie it to something? Just curious, just installed my block off kit last weekend!
    if you followed the cable back you will find a black plastic connection box where the one cable splits into two,i just removed the oil cable out of the slider in put it in the garbage,bit of 5200 in the old oil cable entrance to stop possible water errosion

some just put it in the top of the oil bottle..

maybe too simple, but if you are that Lazy, just drain the oil and let it ride... Unless you are too lazy to do that.

block off at carbs, drain oil, run premix.. Done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information