Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Pirate Pete(Resolved)

I have a claim against me from Paypal for the NOVI carburetors I sold Pete back in January.

He paid for them and recieved them..he has since sold them to another member. Paypal is wanting me to pay for the carbs that I sold 2 months ago!!!!!

I have called and left PM's to Pirate Pete..no answer.

SO until my case is resolved DO NOT buy anything or sell him anything!

Pete...this is no way to do business on this board.

WHoever you used to get the Paypal account, get it resolved or I will go higher up the chain.

Update:
    It seems like there was misunderstanding.

Jim (Pirate Jim) had someone hack his identiity and make false charges on his Paypal and credit cards...his accountant found 4 items that Jim did not know about...subsequently my name was one of those items tha he did not recognize the name.

Pirate Pete had used Jim's Paypal with his knowledge and his approval..Jim did not recognize my name..he knows Pistonwash but not Mike T...soo, here we are. my balance is back to normal.

Paypal has resolved it with Jim and visa versa.

Pete has not taken any monies away from me or done me wrong. You can carry on with your transactions with him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    I have a claim against me from Paypal for the NOVI carburetors I sold Pete back in January.

He paid for them and recieved them..he has since sold them to another member. Paypal is wanting me to pay for the carbs that I sold 2 months ago!!!!!

I have called and left PM's to Pirate Pete..no answer.

SO until my case is resolved DO NOT buy anything or sell him anything!

Pete...this is no way to do business on this board.

WHoever you used to get the Paypal account, get it resolved or I will go higher up the chain.

he didn't need to use anyone to get your paypal account. If he paid you through paypal he already has your info, he just cancled the transaction. It's crappy, now you will have to prove that you sent him the carbs... Very CRAPPY

Yikes... I had a problem like this through eBay a while back... eventually got resolved in my favor. They gave me the money back and they also gave me a $150 credit. Not too bad, but a total pain in the ass. Try to locate all information you have to prove you sent them (i.e. emails confirming he got them, tracking numbers, slips from post office, etc.). When you have them, you can send them (or scans of them) to paypal once you have opened a claim. Hopefully it does not get to that point...

+1
    I just got off the phone with him...we'll see if it gets resolved. He has been sick for a few days and has'nt replied because of it. His friend is the one who is disputing the claim...so we'll see if it gets changed. Paypal is hard to deal with about these kind of things.

if he is using his friends info to sell on here, I think he should be BANNED from selling. Keep the account, but no selling. this is bad ethics.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Mike, Just print the post were he sold them on the forum and fax it to pay pal that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hello Mike, Just print the post were he sold them on the forum and fax it to pay pal that should help.

Haha... good point. Hard for him to sell them if he never got them. Pretty definitive of the issue if you ask me.

even though it looks like Mike has no worries, he still has a negative balance in his account for the time being, and probably can't buy/sell anything with paypal right now.

I try to use the good ol' check book or cash. No worries with that.

wrong info

mike call again when you get out of your meeting i gave him your number its taking care of it already i didn't have paypal when i bought the carbs from you and you should of got a hold of me before you went crazy i could get someone to drive to you and take you cash aim not a broke mother f u no i own three business let me no if matter not fix today and apologize for misunderstanding

+1
    He did not sell them openly on the forum, he traded me several items I had for them. The carbs are sitting in my garage. I know Pete did not have a PayPal account until recently and from what I gather he paid Mike through a friend of his, and this friend is the one playing this game. Pete get this resolved quickly before it turns real nasty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information