Where to buy Seadoos online in the states

Hey Guys, i'm from Canada and I always here my friends getting jet skis for awesome deals down in the states more towards the upper states so that we don't have to travel so far!! but does anyone know a site where you can find jet skis and are able to select the state that you want to search? wouldn't mind NY NJ Buffalo Detroit anything close to Ontario you know.

If you guys don't mind helping me out, i know the forum here sells skis but majority is California or Flordia which is kinda far lol

Thanks guys

Olympia, WA
    A canadian cannot buy a NEW seadoo in the US without the dealer tacking on a major fee. The US dealers and CA have an agreement that keeps this from happening. Usually the fee makes it not worth the drive, import crap etc, rather than to buy local.

The way around this is to have a contact in the US buy the ski, then "sell" it to you. Or, buy used in the US and don't worry about a thing.

I have bought a few skis from the states, but there don't seem to be that many deals out there right now once you add in the 30% exchange rate and the 15% tax and duty.

Craigslist is probably the best place to find one. The difficult part about closing the deal on a good deal is having the ability to get there quick with cash. If you work all week, like I do, it is difficult.

It definitely is a good time to be a buyer whether it is in Ontario, NY or MI due to the economy. There will be a ton of skis coming up for sale in the next month.

I know about the new ones or used ones from dealers, but i'm looking for a website where you can get used ones from private owners you know, is there a website like that other then craiglist?

Berlin, CT
    Did you try ebay and

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzo View Post
    Hey Guys, i'm from Canada ...wouldn't mind NY NJ Buffalo Detroit anything close to Ontario you know...
    You have to do the leg work to find the deals. There is no central place where all the available PWC are listed.

I have purchased three PWC from the US so far (New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan). You need to find a seller that has what you are looking for, at a price you are willing to pay.

Don't discount the dealers. Many of them are holding more used inventory than they really want to have, especially in those areas where the local economy is depressed.

And keep an eye on the GH classifieds

When a good deal does pop up, it is often taken quickly, so you have to be on the ball.

Keep in mind that you have to either purchase from a seller/dealer who you believe is trust worthy enough to give you the whole story on a particular machine, OR you have to be OK with the possibility of driving there, then walking away when you find it isn't exactly what the seller promised.

In some cases, you may be able to ask a forum member to have a look at a PWC that is near them, and tell you what they think. If someone actually does this for you, that is a huge favor on their part. You still have to evaluate it yourself when you get there, of course.

Craigslist and eBay are a problem, in that you have to trust the seller to be telling the whole story. Especially Craigslist, where you often have no seller history or reputation to go by.

The exchange rate is something to keep in mind, plus the 13% GST+PST taxes that are charged at the border. That is for the watercraft itself.

The trailer, if purchased in the US, is a different deal at the border. Still doable, but more hassle than the PWC itself.

Have you purchased used PWC before?
    Do you know what to look for, and watch out for?

yeah i have purchased used, thanks for the help yeah fucken border so much for NAFta doesn't help fucken people like us

Jackson, GA
    30 and google works too

Thread Information