+1

Cool No speed gain with R&D plate & wedge?

I just put my R&D plate on, with 1 degree wedge and even did the twin feed intercooler mod and gained NOTHING, WTF? I cleaned the silicone out of the pump tunnel, and took my time to make sure the ride plate fit correctly. It is slightly recessed into the hull. The ski felt good, but my RPM's were the same as last year (7820-7880) and the speeds were the same too. My wrist mount GPS is spot on with my speedo on the truck and my other garmin. R&D's web page says their kit does 70 and the rideplate is good for 3 mph of that gain. I gained about that on my 15f, but nothing on the Ultra. The ski is making full boost and runs good, but I don't understand my results?

Doesnt seem rite hearing ti either. Something is a miss. Dont be bumbed if you dont get 3 mph but you should see at least a 1.5 to 2 mph easily.

Let us know if its the prop or something. Did you do sponsons too or any other mods?

+1
    No sponsons, but the handling did improve. I get 0 cavitation and the holeshot is strong. Something doesn't seem right The only other thing I did was the BOV breather kit.

+1
    block your bov and see if it gets better.

Did you test stock vs mods on the same day?

David

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    Did you test stock vs mods on the same day?

David
    My previous testing was done while stock with the timing mod. So testing was not on the same day but similar conditions. The ski rides higher now compared to stock but not a huge difference in lift. The pics I've seen of others riding with the Riva plate and 2* wedge seem to be getting a lot more lift than I am. I've looked at other people's setups and some are running 8100-8200 RPMS with stock intake and exhaust. That's a far cry from my 7850 avg. Stock I was getting 7600-7650 and the timing mod gave me a steady 7850ish.

riva and r&d are a litle different the riva lift more but less control

Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    I just put my R&D plate on, with 1 degree wedge and even did the twin feed intercooler mod and gained NOTHING, WTF? I cleaned the silicone out of the pump tunnel, and took my time to make sure the ride plate fit correctly. It is slightly recessed into the hull. The ski felt good, but my RPM's were the same as last year (7820-7880) and the speeds were the same too. My wrist mount GPS is spot on with my speedo on the truck and my other garmin. R&D's web page says their kit does 70 and the rideplate is good for 3 mph of that gain. I gained about that on my 15f, but nothing on the Ultra. The ski is making full boost and runs good, but I don't understand my results?
    I have 07 Blue Ultra..see my modification list below..the gain was less that 2 miles
    I believe that in hot weather ultra perform not as i like it to perform

Ok, so I am about to get the R&D plate. I have seen some people say that the fit is ecxellent but the casting could be better. This got me to thinking about...I think his name was Jim, in Florida who reworked plates. However, at that time he was reworking the stock plates because the 250 was fairly new and there weren't many aftermarket parts available. Does anyone know if he is still doing this? If so, would it even be worth it to attempt to get anything else out of that plate. I think he was charging around $80, plus round trip shipping. I am wondering if it would be worth the money.

thanks

Thread Information