Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

help please!!! urgernt error code PO337

hey guys , i have a rxp 2007 , 25 hours, well looked after but today after running for about 5 minutes, i suddenly lost power and stopped...ski stalled ,it currently still turns over, but wont start...

i was left floating 2 klm offshore....waitning for the white pointers to come get me ..lol. i laugh now...but wasnt earlier

any way please help. i need help with following code...

P0337... i ve already looked up this code (thanks to greenhulkers) and it apparently means..

No CPS signal, but CAPS signal detected

ok the question is.... what is the problem... what is cps , what is caps and more importantly how do i fix, and i guess the bigger question im almost scared to ask is.... 1)is this an easy fix 2) is it an expensive fix???

please help asap... My girlfriend and i have just taken a week off work to go skiing before the aussie winter sets in... i dont wanna be stranded watching her cruise around on her yamaha sho telling me .. i told you so..!!!

+1
    crank position sensor,,,,you probably came unplugged. Or corrosion in the connector.

+1
    CHAIN

+1
    but if it will turn over, the chain couldnt be fried.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    but if it will turn over, the chain couldnt be fried.
    to some people... the broken chain still sounds like it's cranking... starter/bendix will turn the flywheel and the whole bottom end... you just wont get cam rotation and resistance of the valvetrain... kinda just cranks a little extra freely

CAPS cam position sensor
    CPS crank position sensor

could be simply a bad connection or bad sensor

take the valve cover off and see if the chain is still on the cam gear.... or if it still is on the gear, try and pick the chain up, see if it comes out in your hand

had a handful of early early 4-tecs around 2002-2003 that had sporadic trigger wheel issues, misaligned tooth or something, which would throw this code and not let the motor start, or sometimes sporadically let it start after multiple attempts.... but haven't seen this in any recent model so i'm not inclined to think so

+1
    but how would he have a CAPS signal if cam not spinning?

+1
    mmm.... the good news is its not the chain...
    the better news that it now starts and runs....problem and error code free...

but i guess im wondering....why... probably proves bad connection

now for the dumb question (sorry , i gotta learn all this stuff some how lol )

on some of the sites it states that the error code is cam position sensor, some say crank position sensor.. which one is it, is there both??

also was wondering whre do i find the connectors (cam and crank sensor) to ensure all is plugged in correctly, and corrosion free

also from closer inspection , i ve seen a wire that is running near the exhaust (top end of exhaust near where supercharger attaches to motor) that for some reason must be out of place (perhaps broken cable tie) and now has rested on the exhaust and burnt through the insulation exposing the copper core...could that wire be the culprit????
    perhaps once burnt through it earthed out causing error code

jerry, jerry, jerry

ps thanks so much for yor quick responses so far

+1
    exhaust temp wire,,,possible that it sent a signal to ecu to shut down.

that is probably your CPS wire. it runs from a connector at the back of the head down behind the supercharger. the CPS is located at the 8 o'clock position on the pto cover when viewing the engine from behind. there should be a plug holder on the TOPS valve that secures this wire. maybe it came off .

Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    also from closer inspection , i ve seen a wire that is running near the exhaust (top end of exhaust near where supercharger attaches to motor) that for some reason must be out of place (perhaps broken cable tie) and now has rested on the exhaust and burnt through the insulation exposing the copper core...could that wire be the culprit????
    perhaps once burnt through it earthed out causing error code

+1
    thanks to all for there responses, took out the ski today, seemed ok, i think it time to buy disk with workshop manual so i get to know all the looms, engine parts etc...

hopefully all is ok now....

thanks again hulkers !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information