Thread: RRFPR install

RRFPR install

. . .attempting to do it this weekend. Does anyone have directions , JUST IN CASE I run into an issue? Any tips on the install?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    . . .attempting to do it this weekend. Does anyone have directions , JUST IN CASE I run into an issue? Any tips on the install?
    What reg have you got?? remote mount? Your gona have to remove the snorkle that runs from between your legs into the Hull. Easy job just 1 nut holding it under the steering. Disconnect the pipe from the stock reg then use a screwdriver to remove the metal clip that holds it into the tank. Then your gona have to get a screwdriver under the side of the reg and twist it till you feel a "pop" then the reg should pull out of the tank. There will be fuel inside the reg so dont be suprised if it goes all over the place also there is gona be fuel in the pipe so just watch out for this. May be a good idea to disconect the battery to avoid any sparks. Then you push the reg insert into the tank with a little grease on the 2 o rings and use the stock metal clip to hold it down. Find a sutible place to mount the reg if your running the remote mount kit. Then connect the pipe from the fuel rail to the reg and make sure all clamps are tight. Then you can put the dess key upto the post and you will hear the fuel pump start for 2-3 secs and the fuel pressure rise on the gauge. Depending on your mods depends where you want the base pressure. Also the boost line from the manifold should not be shared with anything, should be direct from the manifold to the reg. You will want to check that it is rising with boost also as a few of us including myself and good pal have had issues with the regs not lifting fuel pressure with boost. Hope that helps abit. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    Bring it over with a six pack..

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Steve: going to Mass. with Bob this weekend. I wanted to possibly put the ski in the River to check for leaks. Thus, wanted to install the reg. and fire it up with the regulator in. I'll keep this in mind. Sam Adams, right?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    What's a six pack

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    What's a six pack
    HA. 6 pack as in (3) 2 barrel carburetors, as installed on big block muscle cars of the '60's.....or..................6 glass bottles filled with liquid, designed to quench mechanics' thirst.. . . . . .or a stomach that has seen a few crunches and strict nutrition.......

+1

Thumbs up

...remember hearing of this...long time ago...all I deal with are twelves. And yes, thats of the plural variety.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    ...remember hearing of this...long time ago...all I deal with are twelves. And yes, thats of the plural variety.
    Eighteens for me (chicks too)

Thread Information