Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22

    Riva Waterbox WTF...

    To start off im an familiar with tools and how to use them, and have done many repairs to my rxp, cars, and other mechanical things. But the Riva waterbox has me stumped.
    How the hell does this thing install? I can get everything in fine but I can get it to align with the thru-hull. Even If I did how am I suppose to move the silicone connect back and tighten the hose clamps? I just can figure it out. Ive been struggling with it for 2hrs now and I just cant seem to find a reasonable solution.


  2. #2
    ATC2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jax, FL
    Posts
    46
    tighten the silicone hose on the waterbox install and look through opas hole to see if it is far back enough...repeat until it is on the through hull properly. Then put clamp on silicone (loose) install, move clamp in posistion with a screwdriver through opas hole. Align j-pipe coupler, tighten all clamps. Hope this helps...Rick

  3. #3
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Spray the connections with glass cleaner. Itll go man. One problem is gonna be the fact that not everybody is gonna get their through-hull cut and installed in the same place. Riva cant account for that.

  4. #4
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC2006 View Post
    tighten the silicone hose on the waterbox install and look through opas hole to see if it is far back enough...repeat until it is on the through hull properly. Then put clamp on silicone (loose) install, move clamp in posistion with a screwdriver through opas hole. Align j-pipe coupler, tighten all clamps. Hope this helps...Rick
    +1 This is what I pretty much did with my GH waterbox but was on my RXT. First I reacheched back through the engine compartment but I found through the OPAS hole was easiest as described above. It takes patience. I have installed mine several times for various reasons. You will get the hang of it.

  5. #5
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    They are a PITA to install... soak the coupler down with glass cleaner and slide it ALL THE WAY on the water box! Get the box and J-pipe in together then move to the rear and slide the coupler over your thru hull... on the RXP you don't need to access the clamp from the opas location, but you will need to remove the styrofoam in the rear to get to the clamp! Good luck... you'll get it... but it is a pain!!! Not looking forward to the day I need to remove mine for some reason

  6. #6
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    ok ill give another try tomorrow. I did remove the Styrofoam already, I guess ill have to remove the RE's too maybe.

  7. #7
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    I guess ill have to remove the RE's too maybe.
    Don't do that Steve. All you need to do is remove the inside plate located on the left side of the pump tunnel.

  8. #8
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Don't do that Steve. All you need to do is remove the inside plate located on the left side of the pump tunnel.
    Ok, thanks for the tip Fizzle

  9. #9
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    +1 This is what I pretty much did with my GH waterbox but was on my RXT. First I reacheched back through the engine compartment but I found through the OPAS hole was easiest as described above. It takes patience. I have installed mine several times for various reasons. You will get the hang of it.
    Was it a pain in the ass on the RXT or what?!?!?

  10. #10
    Go look around your neighborhood and see if you can find little chinese people and pay him to get inside your RXT and install it for you for a couple of $$$$ ....Trust me it works

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva waterbox
    By START in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 12:31 AM
  2. "Riva" Waterbox
    By g8tor8 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 08:34 PM
  3. riva stickers wtf??????????
    By soldierpage in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 05:32 AM
  4. RIVA Waterbox
    By HYNES in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 05:05 AM
  5. Riva Waterbox?
    By meeper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •