need help on a xlt 1200 setup

I need help setting up my R D intake gate, pump shoe, and R D ride plate, I have all the parts voids filled with 3m 5200, does the gate, shoe, and front of plate fit flush with the hull (because there not and Ill have to shim to make flush) and the rear of plate have a 5 deg. angle up, I want it set up for rough water hookup even if I have to lose a mph, thanks

+1
    does the gate, shoe, and front of plate fit flush with the hull

no

rear of plate have a 5 deg. angle up,

no

I want it set up for rough water hookup

you might ne better off using the stock plate

on the grate - make sure nothing is hanging down

on the shoe - make sure it is sealed in with 5200, again make sure it is not hanging down

on the rideplate - where possible get the front fitting flust (or almost flush with the hull line at the front - then shim down the rear if you want to add more stability to the ride (reduce porpoising)

philip thanks, Ill just reseal everything with 5200 bolt back up and only adj. with shims the rear two bolts of ride plate, you think the stock plate is much better in the rough? I just rebuilt the broken 1200pv moror the end of last summer and installed 1300pv rebuilt sleaved cylinders, hot rod crank, R D heads, 13-19 solas, rebuilt and jetted carbs, ran it last year a couple hours and it seems like its running little rich at the first 1/4 throttle, its smoking a lot at idle and no wake speed, Im going to run it a few more hours for break in before I adj low speed adjustment and then IM going back with oil injection pump and plus premix 1oz per gal. because T dont like all the smoking at idle, Ithink with injection pump at idle its 100 to 1 ratio( when motor doesnt need much oil) and adjust to 30to1 at WOT, plus 1oz premix which is like 25to1 ratio, getting alot more oil where the motor needs it plus smoke alot less at idle. cant wait for warmer weather so I can start adjusting, Paul

Thread Information