Thread: Intake ?s

Intake ?s

I am interested in doing some type of intake on my ski but havent narrowed down which one yet. I am always kind of worried about how much water goes over my nose. I am pretty rough on the ski in rough water and during playing around. There are a lot of times I drown the nose pretty well. I am worried about upgrading to an intake and it being sensitive to water or in a position that makes me have to worry about that even more. Is there an intake that I can upgrade to that I wont have to worry much about water ingestion? Anything else I can do to help prevent it when wanting to play rough?

+1
    Could you kinda help us out and let us know what make and model of ski you have??

oopps sorry, I could've sworn I made a sig with it but guess not. Its an 04 RXP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I am interested in doing some type of intake on my ski but havent narrowed down which one yet. I am always kind of worried about how much water goes over my nose. I am pretty rough on the ski in rough water and during playing around. There are a lot of times I drown the nose pretty well. I am worried about upgrading to an intake and it being sensitive to water or in a position that makes me have to worry about that even more. Is there an intake that I can upgrade to that I wont have to worry much about water ingestion? Anything else I can do to help prevent it when wanting to play rough?
    A riva powerfilter for convenience, a 4" custom front intake for performance and cost savings. Do a search on the forum for either or both to help your decision. The hull is pretty well sealed from the factory. If you have the front storage bucket installed then you should not worry a bit with water ingestion with an air intake that runs up front near the gas tank.

What about running a rear intake. Are chances of ingesting water greater?

+1
    I have run the Riva rear air on four different Sea-Doos of mine (and with out the pre-filter) and have never had one drop of water enter. I am sure you will get several other answers stating this is not the way to go. I can only speek for myself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    What about running a rear intake. Are chances of ingesting water greater?
    Welcome to the forum!I run rear air on my RXP and you can ingest water pretty easy if your messing around. It works good if your running at speed as any water is passing and not entering intake. Based on your first post I would go 4 inch in hull. Goodluck,

Thread Information