Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Need your help

  1. #1
    qbzonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    975

    Need your help

    My boss said if I can get his Polaris SL650 running I can have his Kawasaki 650SX standup for free. I just sold my GP800 last week and would like to pull this off.

    I have no idea what year it is, maybe a 1996? So far I know this about the ski:

    - bat is probably dead or dying. It was connected to a charger when I got there.
    - He said it would fire on starting fluid, but no gas is getting to carbs.
    - Of the four hoses come out of the tank, 2 were clogged, all were brittle.

    I am looking for a carb rebuild kit, new mats, seat cover, and a handlebar pad.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. My previous ski was a Yamaha, and I have only worked on Sea Doos and Yamis, so the Polaris is completely new to me.

    Here are some pics of it:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0969.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	122186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0971.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	122187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0972.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	122188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0973.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	122189  


  2. #2
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Looks just like my 94. What's the HIN number?

    Replace all the hoses including the ones inside the gas tank. ($25)

    Replace the fuel pump with a triple outlet pump from John Zigler ($26)

    Carb rebuild kits I get from Ebay usually. Mikuni Super BN 38mm x 3 kits around $100

    New mats can be had from Hydroturf. Mention you're a GH meber and get 10% off.

    Seat cover can be had from Hydroturf, Ebay usually, or buy some marine vinyl from JoAnn Fabrics (or someplace similar near you) and do it cheaply.

    Handlebar pad try Ebay, John Zigler, Never Satisfied Motorsports, Beach Blonde, or search the classifieds on here to find someone parting out a ski with no MFD in the pad.

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by qbzonk View Post
    My boss said if I can get his Polaris SL650 running I can have his Kawasaki 650SX standup for free. I just sold my GP800 last week and would like to pull this off...
    Who will be paying for the parts?

    Getting it 'running' is not the same as getting it into 'good overall condition'

  4. #4
    qbzonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Who will be paying for the parts?

    Getting it 'running' is not the same as getting it into 'good overall condition'
    He's says get it running. Never mentioned making it new. He has a turbo Honda, the standup, a center console, a float boat, a ski boat and a paddle boat. I don't think he really cares much.

    I'll have to see how it runs once I get it running and go from there. I figure I'll sink between $200 and $300 to get it right.

    I am assuming I will pay for the parts.

  5. #5
    qbzonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Looks just like my 94. What's the HIN number?

    Replace all the hoses including the ones inside the gas tank. ($25)

    Replace the fuel pump with a triple outlet pump from John Zigler ($26)

    Carb rebuild kits I get from Ebay usually. Mikuni Super BN 38mm x 3 kits around $100

    New mats can be had from Hydroturf. Mention you're a GH meber and get 10% off.

    Seat cover can be had from Hydroturf, Ebay usually, or buy some marine vinyl from JoAnn Fabrics (or someplace similar near you) and do it cheaply.

    Handlebar pad try Ebay, John Zigler, Never Satisfied Motorsports, Beach Blonde, or search the classifieds on here to find someone parting out a ski with no MFD in the pad.
    I'll try Ziggler, thanks!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Guys I need your help on something
    By Jeff C in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM
  2. Hey RXP OWNERS I NEED YOUR HELP..
    By Konrad_wrc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 11:12 AM
  3. RQ. I need your help over at petes again.
    By ccassone in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 10:20 PM
  4. Paging 96XPSS. I need your help over at snkypete's!
    By ccassone in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 06:42 PM
  5. OK Pine box derby experts - I need your help
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2005, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •