Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Where are all the Matrix's?

I know there are 3 in CA., a couple in Wyoming and if I remember Baxter went to OZ and did a couple. Just curious to see how many could be accounted for.

+1
    I was told there were only about a dozen or so true Matrix's that were made and sold by Baxter.

+1

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeps View Post
    ...Just curious to see how many could be accounted for.
    For some people this seems to be a sensitive subject - not really sure why.

If you poke through the Matrix threads, you can get an idea how many there were, all told.

Some Matrix were shipped to Spain. Some were actual 'Polaris' Matrix, some were sold directly by Factory Pipe, and a few were sold in upgrade kit form. There were some prototypes along the way.

A few might even have been assembled from 'spare Matrix parts' after FPP stopped.

+1
    Ok, I cant stand it any more. I found a msx with triple pipes. Its driving me crazy. Going to pick it up tuesday. I dont know if its a matrix conversion or what. I just pray I get it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlharrison60 View Post
    Ok, I cant stand it any more. I found a MSX with triple pipes. Its driving me crazy. Going to pick it up Tuesday. I don't know if its a matrix conversion or what. I just pray I get it.
    Good find!

Is it in running condition?

Keep in mind that many of the Matrix engines require a splash of race fuel mixed in with the premium grade pump fuel. Some owner's didn't realize that, and a few Matrix engines suffered detonation damage. Fixable, but something to keep in mind.

Do you have any pictures of it, from the ad perhaps?

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeps View Post
    Just curious to see how many could be accounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    For some people this seems to be a sensitive subject - not really sure why.

If you poke through the Matrix threads, you can get an idea how many there were, all told.

Some Matrix were shipped to Spain. Some were actual 'Polaris' Matrix, some were sold directly by Factory Pipe, and a few were sold in upgrade kit form.
    mdeps we need to meet up to ride ours together some time-just tell me where, I told Al my goal in life was to get all 3 together

You have to buy one to be told....or wait to Al gets back to tell the story, One is Casper of course who is 20 ft west of me right now in the garage, under the cover....in a garage with a cover LOL.
    All the posts on PWCToday are now gone, sadly as is all the Matrix's that were sent to Spain for testing by Polaris were completely broken up and destroyed by Polaris for legal reasons as any manufacturer would do with test vehicles
    30 kits made, 2 as of last year not installed, I think Al told me 10 skis left with most of course being '03s, Casper is a "stock" '04 P3 Matrix - Als '03 is a little built-up of course

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate33 View Post
    mdeps we need to meet up to ride ours together some time-just tell me where, I told Al my goal in life was to get all 3 together

You have to buy one to be told....or wait to Al gets back to tell the story, One is Casper of course who is 20 ft west of me right now in the garage, under the cover....in a garage with a cover LOL.
    All the posts on PWCToday are now gone, sadly as is all the Matrix's that were sent to Spain for testing by Polaris were completely broken up and destroyed by Polaris for legal reasons as any manufacturer would do with test vehicles
    30 kits made, 2 as of last year not installed, I think Al told me 10 skis left with most of course being '03s, Casper is a "stock" '04 P3 Matrix - Als '03 is a little built-up of course
    Pirate, How many, Matrixs are around here?

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    In the US? I think Al said 6 with 2 being '04s, Crazy probably knows since Al is gone and can't answer, and if I remember right for the kits one in either AU or NZ and one in the US

and 16 went to Spain? I had it down in my I-Phone notes but never down loaded the info and the darn thing broke and loss all the info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Good find!

Is it in running condition?

Keep in mind that many of the Matrix engines require a splash of race fuel mixed in with the premium grade pump fuel. Some owner's didn't realize that, and a few Matrix engines suffered detonation damage. Fixable, but something to keep in mind.

Do you have any pictures of it, from the ad perhaps?
    He told me it was race ready. I hope he is good on his word.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information