New Modifications?

I recently got my 07 250x back from the shop with a new supercharger, I put back on all my warranty voiding modifications as soon as I could which include, Pro intake, blow off valve blockoff and primary bypass valve air filter and also I took out the secondary waterbox. I took it out for the second time after the modifications and I jumped about 300-400 rpms higher which puts me at about 8200ish and I was amazed by the extra 2psi of boost which is around 13psi now with the new supercharger. and I was wondering how to prolong the life of the supercharger from wearing out and also some new mods that are relatively inexpensive that will help me get some more speed...any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithThompson149 View Post
    I recently got my 07 250x back from the shop with a new supercharger, I put back on all my warranty voiding modifications as soon as I could which include, Pro intake, blow off valve blockoff and primary bypass valve air filter and also I took out the secondary waterbox. I took it out for the second time after the modifications and I jumped about 300-400 rpms higher which puts me at about 8200ish and I was amazed by the extra 2psi of boost which is around 13psi now with the new supercharger. and I was wondering how to prolong the life of the supercharger from wearing out and also some new mods that are relatively inexpensive that will help me get some more speed...any advice?

Amazing results there.
    Every think that "Pro" might have killed the charger?

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Amazing results there.
    Every think that "Pro" might have killed the charger?
    Why would the pro intake mess it up?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithThompson149 View Post
    Why would the pro intake mess it up?
    Without having any idea what I'm talking about I'm going to guess saltwater intrusion...

YES!

Even the mist of salt water going into the open area of the pro filter could coat the inside of the charger with salt. When you leave it for a week or so without fogging it then it can pit the charger walls with corrosion. That damage then causes excessive heat in the charger, often resulting in a charger failure.

Here is the great part. You can easily change that Pro into a Performance Filter and avoid potential future issues.

Here's some other advice.
    If you getting the results you posted with the parts you have on it now, DON'T DO NOTHING MORE, your getting amazing results from your mods and its best to not screw that up.
    A new stock charger pumping out 13psi, damn where can I get one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    YES!

Even the mist of salt water going into the open area of the pro filter could coat the inside of the charger with salt. When you leave it for a week or so without fogging it then it can pit the charger walls with corrosion. That damage then causes excessive heat in the charger, often resulting in a charger failure.

Here is the great part. You can easily change that Pro into a Performance Filter and avoid potential future issues.

Here's some other advice.
    If you getting the results you posted with the parts you have on it now, DON'T DO NOTHING MORE, your getting amazing results from your mods and its best to not screw that up.
    A new stock charger pumping out 13psi, damn where can I get one of those.
    Well I ride in freshwater not saltwater..does that make a difference?

Thread Information