OMG...the pilot's got a gun!

ermm...naw...not anymore....nothing to worry about.

Yep...our new CIC want's to disarm commercial pilots.

Seems a pilot capable of armed self defense is too threatening to some.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rogram-that-l/

"Frankly, as a matter of pure politics, we cannot understand what the administration is thinking. Nearly 40 House Democrats are in districts were the NRA is more popular than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. We can't find any independent poll in which the public is demanding that pilots disarm. Why does this move make sense?

Only anti-gun extremists and terrorist recruits are worried about armed pilots. So why is the Obama administration catering to this tiny lobby at the expense of public safety?"

What a bunch of B.S! Wait until someone stabs a flight attendant or pilot with Bic pen or chokes someone to death with their belt or shoe strings. I can see the list of items not to be taken on a plane growing by leaps and bounds. Maybe Obama should concentrate more on the pilots of his plane; that's what I would worry about... Ron

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I think in the end of all this crap they are going to have us changing in locker rooms at the airport in to a (insert color here) jump suit and put all the clothes that we came with in a bag that will be stowed in the cargo. no carry on's ect. its goning to get to be like prison. complete shake down, x-ray, the new cat scan thingy, metal detector, luggage search ect if you want to fly. hell its almost faster to drive to anywhere you want to go in the US than fly.

Who do you want to believe????

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...n-program-end/

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec..._dropping.html

Looks like another bogus "opinion" to me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post

its hard to decide whats true and not any more becuase they flip flop so much in Washington what was true yesterday is not today.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    its hard to decide whats true and not any more because they flip flop so much in Washington what was true yesterday is not today.
    I agree.

You also need to consider the source. Blogs, editorials, and opinion pages are NOT good sources of information because they normally are written to the authors bias.

However, there are alway those who will preach a link to a blog as the gospel.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    I don't trust anything about the Obama administration. What they say today can be flipped tomorrow. Obama has already flipped a 180 on many of his campaign promises. And Eric Holder is not known as a gun advocate either. Just wait, and time will tell.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    ...its almost faster to drive to anywhere you want to go in the US than fly.
    Within 4-5 hours driving distance door to door, it often is just as quick to drive as it is to fly.

Just as important, you have more control over the process. You can leave home when you decide, and have your own vehicle with you when you get there.

You can take what ever you want, and can pack it however it pleases you.

You can stop on the way there or back to take care of other matters. You can change your plans at any time without paying penalty fees, or dealing with ticket agents.

You can take calls while you are in transit (driving), or get voice mail notification, then pull over to call back.

You can get online with your laptop at many roadside places, or use a wireless card for Internet anywhere.

You decide who sits beside you, and you don't have to listen to any 'cabin announcements'.

When flying you have to pack your stuff in an airline compatible manner (weight limits, checked vs. carry-on concerns with some types of items and materials). Make sure you have all the necessary ID, tickets, etc.

Then you spend time getting to the airport, park your car, do the whole ticket/security/waiting/boarding process. Possible departure delays, and eventually you get into the air.

Then you land, work your way to the car rental, do that process, then drive to where you are really going.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post

Oh, I know...opinions...like azholes...everyone got one.

He says he went back to the pilots after the TSA said the program wasn't being closed, and his sources "were adamant about what they had told me before." Lott writes in the editorial that the pilots couldn't speak on the record "for fear of retaliation" from the TSA and that pilots could face criminal charges if they cause a "loss of confidence" in the program.

So, at this point it's the pilots' word against the TSA's, we asked? "Right," Lott says.

Wether Lott is just another moonie for hire or his sht's straight up, time will tell.

Considering everything that this walking clusterfuck of a CIC has touched this past two months....I for one find the story right on par.

The thing I am worried about is the frequency that pro 2A people are getting worked up about stuff like this. Every day I get emails or read forum posts about stuff like this. Most of it is crap.

I fear a lot of the moderate pro 2A people are going to become desensitized (to false reports) as a result of this stuff getting blown out of proportion is on a daily basis. We don't want to turn into the little boy that cried wolf, because the day will come when a serious threat to our right will present itself.

I am not saying we shouldn't be alert and ready to fight for out freedom. We just need to make sure our resources are being used against a real threat.

I am very pro 2A (if you couldn't tell from my avatar) and I watch this stuff pretty close. I haven't seen anything that worries me except for the mention by Holder to renew the AWB. As of right now, I don't think anything will happen on this until after the 2010 elections.

If the republicans get their ass handed to the again in 2010, I could see some real trouble coming.

Thread Information