Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FZR = crap in the rough?

You can't imagine how fast is this ski !! A friend of mine gave me for the afternoon is new FZR ( 5 hours). in a very small chop, the IS is at least 3 to 4 mph faster then the yam !!

It outaccelerates it, and turns really sharp.

I personnaly have a Ultra250X, and i am waiting for a new 260X, but i bet is stock form, in any conditions, the IS will be faster...

This is in my opinion, the ski to go in 2009, provided the IS system stay reliable in the rough, which is very not sure actually...

Believe me or not, this IS is damm fast with 255HP. With a stage 1 or 2, nothing wil come close to it. Its hull is simply incredible, as the Kawa hull...

As far as the fzr is concerned, it's a bigger GPR. Same inconvenients in the chop, and cannot stay close to others skis. It will certainly be very competitive in closed courses, cause turns very sharp, and has a good acceleration, but for offshore, definitely not the ski to get !!

Just my 2 cents

Whooper

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    You can't imagine how fast is this ski !! A friend of mine gave me for the afternoon is new FZR ( 5 hours). in a very small chop, the IS is at least 3 to 4 mph faster then the yam !!

I personnaly have a Ultra250X, and i am waiting for a new 260X, but i bet is stock form, in any conditions, the IS will be faster...

This is in my opinion, the ski to go in 2009, provided the IS system stay reliable in the rough, which is very not sure actually...

Believe me or not, this IS is damm fast with 255HP. With a stage 1 or 2, nothing wil come close to it. Its hull is simply incredible, as the Kawa hull...

As far as the fzr is concerned, it's a bigger GPR. Same inconvenients in the chop, and cannot stay close to others skis. It will certainly be very competitive in closed courses, cause turns very sharp, and has a good acceleration, but for offshore, definitely not the ski to get !!

Just my 2 cents

Whooper
    You can keep the 2 cents & that IS....

Just my 2 cents

Whooper
    Thanks for the info but ive riddin the fzr in the chop, and i race offshroe, and i can tell you the fzr is an awesome ski even in stock form, as for the IS 3-4 mph than the fzr, doesnt the IS come with a governer that it can only do around 65-67 ? and ive seen the fzr actually gain speed in the chop.The IS is supposed to be quick i mean it has what 255 hp right, and as for its offshore capabilities that thing is just as heavey as the ultra isnt it ?

+1
    I found the FZR to be very good in the rough. Not as good as an Ultra, but certainly better than an RXT.

How is the FZR compared to the SHO. My thought would be that the SHO would be better than the FZR in the rough. I think that the SHO would be in between the FZR and 250X

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarvin1 View Post
    How is the FZR compared to the SHO. My thought would be that the SHO would be better than the FZR in the rough. I think that the SHO would be in between the FZR and 250X

The SHO is a good as you could ever ask for in the chop. Ive heard the the ultra is very good as well. Ive never ridden one so I cant compare. As far as speed, I raced a couple of guys last years on ultras and pulled ahead by a ski length or two out of the hole and close on top end but I was still pulling away just a bit in mild chop.

+1

chop

I own FZR and trust me they are awesome in the chop ..

most of our riding is in chop and these machines are tops in the chop.

as mentioned in my other post have rode plenty of skis over the years and FZR wins hands down.

havent rode the kawi in chop but rode pretty much every thing else and i hear the are a aawesome rouch water ski as as well.

cheers
    Tony

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Dude....first off....what are u smoking because whatever it is.....get me some....

Secondly, the Sea Doo IS has a 65mph GPS limiter from the factory. All the FZR's we've heard of so far are running 68-69mph......bone stock. So to be honest....ur claim of the IS being 3-4mph faster sounds like a bunch of bullsh-zz.

Did u have a GPS? What were the numbers of the 2 skis? What size 'chop' r we talking? 1-2ft? Or were you riding in 3-6 inch ripple? Or r u talking about seat-of-the-pants evaluation? Did ur friend remove the GPS limiter from his IS? So it's not a stock ski?

I have no doubt the IS is a very capable offSHOre hull if the suspension technology proves reliable....might even displace the Ultra as the offSHOre king.

But out-accelerate and out-handle a FZR? Those r PWC Yesterday comments.......Greenhulk members r much more educated than that.....

A friend of mine gave me for the afternoon is new FZR ( 5 hours). in a very small chop, the IS is at least 3 to 4 mph faster then the yam !!

I personnaly have a Ultra250X, and i am waiting for a new 260X

As far as the fzr is concerned, it's a bigger GPR.

Just my 2 cents
    It's only an opinion chaps! It's wrong obviously, cos Yammi are reliable and the best, but hey.....................keep smiling

Just want to ride.
    +1

65?

Isn't the ECU limiting the US Seadoos? I remember talk from day one about getting the euro spec ECU to avoid the cap......

Just food for thought, based on the well crafted description above.

Sean

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information