+1

Wink FZR/FZS information for you guys

FZR /FZS 1.8 liter engine platform has low ceiling rev limiter functions that offer an ultra soft cut at 7700 RPM and a hard cut at 7750 plus. The rev limiter functions on the new FZR are almost like traction control, a rev limiter that you almost do not feel in rough water conditions. Engine performance modifications to the FZR add great power and speed, however, peak engine rpm’s must be kept down around 7650 – 7700 rpm's if you don't change the ecm. Since the engine turns 7650-7700 rpm's in stock form any modifications you do will put you on the rev limiter hard. This is going to be a ski that will require different pitches to the oem props or different aftermarket props for your mods. I can see a lot of guys getting into problems with mods and prop pitches. If you do some basic mods will require one pitch and as you do more extensive mods you will require even different pitches to your prop. Attention to rpm's is a must for you guys to get the best results you are seeking when you start modifying this ski. Modifying this ski WITHOUT repitching your oem prop or replacing it with a taller aftermarket prop is a must. Tommy Jordan

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    FZR /FZS 1.8 liter engine platform has low ceiling rev limiter functions that offer an ultra soft cut at 7700 RPM and a hard cut at 7750 plus. The rev limiter functions on the new FZR are almost like traction control, a rev limiter that you almost do not feel in rough water conditions. Engine performance modifications to the FZR add great power and speed, however, peak engine rpm’s must be kept down around 7650 – 7700 rpm's if you don't change the ecm. Since the engine turns 7650-7700 rpm's in stock form any modifications you do will put you on the rev limiter hard. This is going to be a ski that will require different pitches to the oem props or different aftermarket props for your mods. I can see a lot of guys getting into problems with mods and prop pitches. If you do some basic mods will require one pitch and as you do more extensive mods you will require even different pitches to your prop. Attention to rpm's is a must for you guys to get the best results you are seeking when you start modifying this ski. Modifying this ski WITHOUT repitching your oem prop or replacing it with a taller aftermarket prop is a must. Tommy Jordan
    Thx Tommy....welcome to my world.....

Tommy i dont post much on here but i read a real lot and your posts are always very informative and helpful. Just wanted to let you know that its appreciated even by the people that dont post all that often.

Cheers

+1
    What's the best way to tell if you are hitting the rev limiter?

thanks alot buddy, I just came across that problem. Any good results as far as mph, on pitching the stock prop

if you have done anything...you are on the limiter...air intake and manifold upgrade will put you in the limit.

Thread Information