Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    AaronC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    457
    +1
    4

    Mods and results thread....

    I'm interested in seeing what speed and rpm's people were getting stock and with each mod and their end results for each. I'm lookin to see what mods are gaining speed and RPM's and people's impressions of their setups.

    Mine- stock RPM's were 7600-7650 and speed in the 65-66 range.

    Timing mod- 200 rpm gain and speed of 67.4 and 7800-7850 rpms

    Ride plate, 1 degree wedge, intercooler reroute, BOV filter kit- 0 gain in speed or RPM's per GPS

    Thanks


  2. #2
    hudsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MK United Kingdom
    Posts
    163
    +1
    1
    I have no gps at the moment but @ stock my rpms were around the same
    i have done the timing and modded intake smoothed plate and 2* wedge i got 7940 rpm on maximum readout but i have seen it go up to 8100 before

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    413
    i think you have to check it with skip, to create a special thread for ultra 250x and for ultra 260x mods.
    He does a lot of mods and have so good threads here.

    But i hate threads with a simple mod posting and then 1000 postings like "cool" "nice" or "yeahh"


    And in this case to build some rules for posting.

    Mods only with pics and how to.
    speed only with gps (pic)

    we have a lot stupid threads here in the forum with a lot of guys with fast ultras but without pictures.

    so i think the best way is to create a good standard for mod postings.



    brani

  4. #4
    hudsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MK United Kingdom
    Posts
    163
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by branix View Post
    i think you have to check it with skip, to create a special thread for ultra 250x and for ultra 260x mods.
    He does a lot of mods and have so good threads here.

    But i hate threads with a simple mod posting and then 1000 postings like "cool" "nice" or "yeahh"


    And in this case to build some rules for posting.

    Mods only with pics and how to.
    speed only with gps (pic)

    we have a lot stupid threads here in the forum with a lot of guys with fast ultras but without pictures.

    so i think the best way is to create a good standard for mod postings.



    brani



    I don't see what the problem is.. the guy was asking for other peeps results who has similar mods as he doesn't think his are performing ,,i have a few relative similar bits to him so posted my rpms , i don't waste my time with gps trying to get my highest top speed figure as i ride on closed course

    sorry i was a whole 10 rpm without checking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rpm 008.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	633.8 KB 
ID:	122492  

  5. #5
    AaronC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    457
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsta View Post
    I don't see what the problem is.. the guy was asking for other peeps results who has similar mods as he doesn't think his are performing ,,i have a few relative similar bits to him so posted my rpms , i don't waste my time with gps trying to get my highest top speed figure as i ride on closed course

    sorry i was a whole 10 rpm without checking
    Thanks, that's exactly what I'm thinking! I don't think my ski is performing up to the standards others seemed to have set. I've looked at other people's setups and tried to follow some of them and I'm not getting the results. So I'm trying to find out what people gained with each mod (RPM/speed). Like did someone gain RPM and speed with a ride plate. Then give some details on it if they have it. All I know is some guys around here are running 72 and some even 74 on stock pulley and touching 8200+ RPM with minimal mods. MKaman is running 74 with a stock pulley, air intake and exhaust! I don't know what my deal is but I've followed all the details and my ride plate/wedge, and intercooler mod didn't gain squat. The ski runs great, but the GPS says there's no gain. The timing mod made a nice gain and I seem to be on par with a stock ski from a baseline.

  6. #6
    ercBOOSTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    1,093
    +1
    3
    You can check out my signature to see what I've done and the end result. Best gains were the pulley kit and 6 degree timing advance. Riva plate was ok, around 1 mph. Many mods cost money and don't do as advertised. I probably could have spent less than half of what I actually did to achieve the same results. Most don't do squat.

  7. #7
    hudsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MK United Kingdom
    Posts
    163
    +1
    1
    I think some of them guys have had their pumps and props worked which i understand can make a big difference ,also you probably have checked but is your belt tension correct ? mine was down on rpms a bit till i set it proper

  8. #8
    AaronC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    457
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    You can check out my signature to see what I've done and the end result. Best gains were the pulley kit and 6 degree timing advance. Riva plate was ok, around 1 mph. Many mods cost money and don't do as advertised. I probably could have spent less than half of what I actually did to achieve the same results. Most don't do squat.
    did you gain anything with the riva air intake and exhaust? If you could do it all over again, what would you delete from your modification list?

  9. #9
    AaronC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    457
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsta View Post
    I think some of them guys have had their pumps and props worked which i understand can make a big difference ,also you probably have checked but is your belt tension correct ? mine was down on rpms a bit till i set it proper
    Yes, some of them do have the wet pump mod and impros repitch. I think the belt is fine but I'll check it. I get the same boost as I did before the plate/wedge.

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    here's my mods i seem to also be stuck obtaining that elusive 70mph

    Stock Grate Mod. (centre bar removed)
    Stock Ride Plate Mod. (lifted above grate)
    Pump Shoe Seal Kit
    1 Deg. Pump Wedge
    Flat Filter
    BOV Block Off
    Relief Valve K&N Filter
    Custom Exhaust Emission Block Offs
    Catch Can Mod.
    '08 Crankcase Breather Mod.
    Custom U-Bend Exhaust
    Timing Mod. 6deg.
    Deep Fuel Pick Up
    dual bottom feed i/c, blocked exhaust flush fitting.
    Removed Rear Vent Tubes.

    7850rpm to 7950rpm all day at 67.7 always with a full tank i have recorded a once off 69.6 so maybe with less fuel i will get there.
    i also believe my pump clearance is i tad excessive. so will check that out shortly

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yamaha FX and FZ SVHO mods and speeds thread
    By ElJanooby77 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 07:53 PM
  3. IS and AS Mod and Speed Thread
    By race24x in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
  4. RXP-X mods and results
    By haleyscomet in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
  5. What are your mod and results
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •