Thread: Water in oil

Water in oil

This is my friends ski, a fx140, he got water in oil after riding on the lake for few minutes. The oil alarm went off and the engine stopped running. When we checked the dipstick it was light brown, water in oil. Does anybody knows how the water can get into the engine? I know is from cooling water but how it got there?

Thanks

+1
    a leaking gasket (cooling water that normally flows thru cooling passages leaking thru) or maybe a leak in the oil cooler?

One of those, we will find out when he takes the engine apart, I hope he didn't seized it.

first you can't rule out horse play (or hard riding) and water was ingested through the air intake....but, the most likely candidate is a blown head gasket...leak in oil cooler is possible but not probable.

the water could not get in through intake because he was going very slow, the head gasket was new, another thing, when he got the ski one hose was plugged with a bolt on the bottom of the engine, I think that is the oil cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by emilbolboaca View Post
    the water could not get in through intake because he was going very slow, the head gasket was new, another thing, when he got the ski one hose was plugged with a bolt on the bottom of the engine, I think that is the oil cooler.
    If the head gasket was new, that means it was worked on. The head-to-block surface could be warped. It could also be that the head was not torqued or not torqued in sequence.

I know it was torqued by the specs but maybe it was warped. He bought the sky with the piston rings stuck. He changed the pistons and rings and he put the engine back together. There was some water in the oil when he bought the ski before taking the engine apart and now it happened again after he put it together. Hope to find out the problem next time he takes it apart.

Thread Information