Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

260x Bilge Pump?

been looking at new skis and noticed the yamaha fzs has a rule aftermarket bilge pump down in the hull. i didnt see one in the ultra260x. do you guys install electric rule pumps as back up or just rely on the stock jet pump bilge? i have been out of jet sking for a while and only have experience with stand ups and always put rule auto and handlbar switched electric pumps in my skis because i never trusted the stock pump. do u ocasionally roll the big 3 seaters and do they take in some water?

I think its pretty tough to roll one of these Ultras. But still, I think the bilge pump is very important offshore. Gives me some peace of mind. It paid for itself my first season. I installed a manual Rule 500 and an auto 750 with handlebar switch just like you say. There are some good threads on this topic if you search forum.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thead View Post
    been looking at new skis and noticed the yamaha fzs has a rule aftermarket bilge pump down in the hull. i didnt see one in the ultra260x. do you guys install electric rule pumps as back up or just rely on the stock jet pump bilge? i have been out of jet sking for a while and only have experience with stand ups and always put rule auto and handlbar switched electric pumps in my skis because i never trusted the stock pump. do u ocasionally roll the big 3 seaters and do they take in some water?
    IS the OEM bilge system good,Well yes as long as your moving!

I have done the unthinkable to my ski and left 1 of the bungs out, rode,stopped to chat , watched mates jump waves,rode some more, and it wasnt till I stopped for a good while watching some jumping that I relised I was getting closer to the water for some reason, at that moment you remember your stupid mistake, Jump off the ski and replace bungs and get the ski moving forward for at least 3-5 min , This will empty all the watewr from the hull.

Now here lies the prolem with the OEM bilge, as you may or maynot be aware you need jet thrust to create the suction on gthe bilge pickup's

So the automatic aftermarket electric system have the advantage that even with the ski turned off, they will pump water out ( assuming you connect tghem to the battry that is )

So I would sugest a automatic system with a manual over ride if you so choose!! ( I dont see the advantage of a manual switch myself)

Do they take on water?, NOT really if all of your hull tubes are still connected,

at the end of the day I have spent 90% of my riding time in the ocean, and jumping waves ,and geting the ski rolled over like a rag doll and never needed the electric pump YET ( fingers crossed)

Waz

+1
    and whats wrong with a manual switch mr waz.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    and whats wrong with a manual switch mr waz.
    if your not paying attention , or not on the ski it will still sink anyway,

Automatic is best with manual over ride I say,

Is that a good enough reason you red neck alcoholic bushwaker ski wrecker

+1
    I never fall off, thats you (got a vid i can dig up), and I pay attention, especially to you in my mirrors, drunken bum ski fixer.

I consider my self the "guru" of submerging ,rolling,flooding my skis.
    I ve been to the worst situations ever most caused by my stupidity + an X-file water intrusion.
    Some stories will get you on the floor laughing your ass out.
    In a nutshell:
    Get the Riva deluxe bilge pump kit.It saved my ass SO MANY TIMES.
    Its manual and it has handlebar switch.It also has a fuse in the power line,its very fast and RELIABLE.
    Possition:I glued the pump to the rear of the ski near the waterbox.
    Manual/Auto:you dont need auto ,it will kill your batt if you leave it overnight in water without plug.A 250x without the plugs will take in water up to certain height.It will never sink and will never take in water above or close the air intake.It takes aprox to the shaft height.
    The money i spent on that pump was by far the sweetest and those that really paid back.
    Kit comes with a nice "bling" water outlet i opted to install to the area behind the seat.
    Its the first thing i will put to my 09 ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    I consider my self the "guru" of submerging ,rolling,flooding my skis.
    I ve been to the worst situations ever most caused by my stupidity + an X-file water intrusion.
    Some stories will get you on the floor laughing your ass out.
    In a nutshell:
    Get the Riva deluxe bilge pump kit.It saved my ass SO MANY TIMES.
    Its manual and it has handlebar switch.It also has a fuse in the power line,its very fast and RELIABLE.
    Possition:I glued the pump to the rear of the ski near the waterbox.
    Manual/Auto:you dont need auto ,it will kill your batt if you leave it overnight in water without plug.A 250x without the plugs will take in water up to certain height.It will never sink and will never take in water above or close the air intake.It takes aprox to the shaft height.
    The money i spent on that pump was by far the sweetest and those that really paid back.
    Kit comes with a nice "bling" water outlet i opted to install to the area behind the seat.
    Its the first thing i will put to my 09 ski.
    my main reason for like the Automatic system is unless you have xray eyes you do not no when a hose pops off , or you get a leak you cant see, So why risk waiting till you relise the ski is sinking to flick the switch!
    Not argueing why you like your style, Just enjoyed the auto system I had I my past yami's

JMO

Waz

I wouldnt rule out the auto.
    And you dont need xrays to understand that the hose popped off.
    An auto one might hide the problem!

All my skis with 0 hours get their hosses tie-wrapped.
    I had a hose pop off 2 miles offshore with my 07.I think i was crying when i reached the shore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    I wouldnt rule out the auto.
    And you dont need xrays to understand that the hose popped off.
    An auto one might hide the problem!

All my skis with 0 hours get their hosses tie-wrapped.
    I had a hose pop off 2 miles offshore with my 07.I think i was crying when i reached the shore.
    So my advise to the new comer who wants a electric bilge system would be a automatic bilge with a manual over ride (if you so choose), And have the discharge in a position so you are aware if it is running, opposite your pisser would be a good place,as accidents can happen under your seat'!

Waz

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information