Thread: 2004 GPR

2004 GPR

I'm looking at a '04 GP1300R and just wanted to find out if there are any issues with this year I need to look for. Are they all pretty much the same from year to year or is this year any different than the others? I'd be getting a decent deal on it (I think), but if there are any issues that are common I would like to check them out before buying.

I haven't had a chance to hear it run yet but the seller says the computer (ecu?) under the seat buzzes. Does this mean it's going bad or is it normal?

Thanks guys

+1
    With the GPR we will always say do a tunnel reinforcement. The pump tunnel on these ski's can crack. Everyone here running a GPR on a regular basis has there pump tunnel reinforced. Also you want to get rid of the stock intake grate and get an aftermarket grate which you can get here. One other thing is the Catalytic Convertor (Cat/Con) after a certain amount of hours can break apart so its good to get a "d-plate". All are projects you can do at home with very simple tools. As the for the computer buzzing I'm not sure some else can answer that. How many hours are on this ski? At the bottom i left a picture of the pump tunnel reinforcement on my ski after i fitted it. Any questions read the How To Section and all the sticky's should answer your questions on the above stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump tunnel.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	539.8 KB 
ID:	122683  

Thanks for the tips. I'll definately look up those stickies. The seller says the ski has 38 hours on it and the guy didn't seem like the type to beat on it. Overall it's in good shape but I didn't know if the buzzing would be of concern or how much that part would be to replace.

04 were the best ever if ya ask me..... I like the color of the 05's though.

Would the buzzing not be the bilge pump and the power valves doing there cycle?? (its normal) the ecu is at the very front of the ski under the front hood.

I have an 04 ski and never had any real issues with it other than corrosion in electrics but once i got that cleaned off i havent had any problems.

The main things to do have been mentioned by xsockguyx.
    I would also add wave eater clips to his list for the powervalves

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce473 View Post
    Would the buzzing not be the bilge pump and the power valves doing there cycle?? (its normal) the ecu is at the very front of the ski under the front hood.

I have an 04 ski and never had any real issues with it other than corrosion in electrics but once i got that cleaned off i havent had any problems.

The main things to do have been mentioned by xsockguyx.
    I would also add wave eater clips to his list for the powervalves
    +1

I downloaded the owner's manual and the seller pointed to what the manual describes as the electrical box right under the seat. It looks like it holds the fuses but I don't know what else. Any idea why this would make noise?

Quote Originally Posted by lww View Post
    I downloaded the owner's manual and the seller pointed to what the manual describes as the electrical box right under the seat. It looks like it holds the fuses but I don't know what else. Any idea why this would make noise?

Can you record the sound and put a link to it on here? I was going to record mine to let you here it but the battery is flat. I will record it when i get it charged back up.

By what you are explaining it does sound normal tho.

Thread Information