Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Rev limiter and boost limiter info

Section 1 pages 45 and 46 from the manual
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Woulds have been nice if the cancel did not require a full throttle off. How about backing the throttle off until the pressure met the requirement.

Geesh .

I am going to add a string pot to my throttle so I can tell exactly when it cuts on the throttle, if it does....

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Jerry,

can we purchase this manual from a dealer? Is this manual for all models with the 1812cc S/C engine?

thanks,

dave

Quote Originally Posted by SHO_time View Post
    Jerry,

can we purchase this manual from a dealer? Is this manual for all models with the 1812cc S/C engine?

thanks,

dave

I can't even remember where I got mine online. I am sure any dealer can get it. 2008 FX SHO and FX Cruiser SHO it part LIT-18616-03-12 (at least mine is).

+1
    If I under stand the information correctly. The rev limiter is set to go off at 7800 and above which limits the spark to all 4 cylinders. Over revolution control
    (total number of cylinders)
    Engine (r/min)
    Normal None Under 7,800 ( note normal spark below 7800)
    Level 1 1
    7,800–8,200
    Level 2 2
    Level 3 3
    Level 4 4 High intake air pressure control
    The high intake air pressure control is activated under the following conditions.
    • If the engine speed exceeds 7,550 r/min.
    • If the intake air pressure exceeds 145 kPa.
    • If the above conditions are maintained for 1.5 seconds.
    Meter & buzzer: No indication or buzzer sounds.
    ECM: The throttle valve is closed until the above conditions are no longer present.
    The throttle valve doesn't open until the high intake air pressure control is canceled.
    Cancel: The throttle lever is released to the fully closed position, The throttle position is cut back if the boost exceads 145 kPA at engine speeds above 7550 rpm's---------- My Conclusion is that the throttle position is controled ( reduced)first above 7550 rpm's and (145 kPa )and if the rpm's continue to rise till at 7800 the spark is cut stuttred. This sucks guys!

This was in my SHO manual but I dont see it in the FZR manual....I posted this page before in the SHO Boost thread...and motec pete informed us that the 145 kpa is not 20lbs but more like 6lbs boost. because it is absolute pressure so you subtract 100 kpa I think....have to look back....

Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    This was in my SHO manual but I dont see it in the FZR manual....I posted this page before in the SHO Boost thread...and motec pete informed us that the 145 kpa is not 20lbs but more like 6lbs boost. because it is absolute pressure so you subtract 100 kpa I think....have to look back....

145Kpa = 21.0305psia = 6.3304psig

psia includes atmospheric pressure which is roughly 14.7psi. You have to subtract the atmospheric pressure(14.7) in order to get psig or (gage pressure). All the boost gauges are reading in psig.

Dave

is rd powershot gonna be able to work around this like they say

thats what they say it should be here soon...late this week/early this week is what I have been told...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bm27 View Post
    is rd powershot gonna be able to work around this like they say
    This is a reply I got from R&D about there Powershot controler------------- This is what I ask Them! --I have a 2009 Yamaha fzr and want to know it I do the air filter mod, the exhaust mod, prop upgrade and do NOT change the supercharger wheel ( use the oem wheel) is the power shot controller going to help with the boost limits on the oem wheel and since I am not changing the supercharger wheel can I still use 87 octane gas with the power shot controller . Is it worth the $ since I will NOT be changing the supercharger wheel, Thanks TOM--------- From R&D Reply to me---------

The Powershot has two features; It has a signal conditioner to allow maximum boost and it also has the ability to tune the fuel (richer or leaner). As for the boost control I do not think it will be needed with the OEM supercharger wheel, unless the air temperature is cold (40-50F). Now for tuning the fuel (AFR) it would defiantly benefit with the performance mods you are doing. The Powershot is not effected by the fuel octane. Although I would recommend to run 91 octane with any watercraft, it will extend the life of the engine. The load on the engine of the watercraft running in water is continuous, like driving a car up hill nonstop. If you have any other questions please contact us any time.

Thanks,

R&D
    Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information