Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rudecharger,spitting oil

been testing of late trying to get the ski to 80,had a few probs,with props ect,and after sorting those i have now found my beloved rude charger is spewing oil.I have filled the hole in the shaft,but it still spews oil..its done maybe 4/5hrs,so not good.ANY FIX..or is it a rebulid.IT the 08 kit thanks...it did run at 77+ tho ..my plugs look bad bit black

+1
    Hey Mark, I had the same problem after I went with the 08 shaft kit. My understanding is the seal behind the impeller is leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Hey Mark, I had the same problem after I went with the 08 shaft kit. My understanding is the seal behind the impeller is leaking.
    ye,think your right,any fix??? its only run a few hours i dunno if its worth messing wiv or can i get an 07 shaft to fit,i have one but im unsure if it can work,bet i cant just buy the leaking seal .. im gona run x standard reg riva 50s see how i go FOR NOW

+1
    Mark, what method did you use to plug the hole?

Also, which air intake are you using and are you running a catch can?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

i tapped the hole,with lots of grease...very slow small turns, cleaning as i went.Then when i was happy i,inserted a thread,red loctite it at went out.It was bit better but i had a fair bit of oil in there still,i did clean all pipes before i went out,so i had some idea of how much was coming through,i couldnt have been more carefull as im well aware of any debri in the hole,and to be fair i must have been unlucky coz it only did 4 or 5 hours ...but if you remember it did get a bump when it came over not sure if that might have had an impact on the seal? probably not.GIMME SOME 07 KITS THE NONE LEAKING SORT

YES I RUN A CATCH CAN,I HAVE A MODDED RIVA 3INC AIR.... IE I HAVE EXTENDED THE PIPE TO A DRIER PART OF MY SKI....GO ON TELL ME IM BAD......AGAIN

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    YES I RUN A CATCH CAN,I HAVE A MODDED RIVA 3INC AIR.... IE I HAVE EXTENDED THE PIPE TO A DRIER PART OF MY SKI....GO ON TELL ME IM BAD......AGAIN
    Actually, nothing wrong with doing it that way. That's the same way i ran my power filter when i used to use them.

Have you removed the supercharger? I'm curious to know if the plug is still in the hole.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    GIMME SOME 07 KITS THE NONE LEAKING SORT
    The seal in the 07 and older kits is identical to the 08+ kits. Won't make any difference whatsoever.

Actually, nothing wrong with doing it that way. That's the same way i ran my power filter when i used to use them.

Have you removed the supercharger? I'm curious to know if the plug is still in the hole.
    YEP, i ran an hour and the plug still in the hole,got a bit less oil than before i plugged it,i ran 8500s at 76/77 mph not ideal conditions i may add,bit bumpy..you know...im guessing the EXTRA OIL may have slowed me a tad,??? still how do i fix it?? thats my goal to get it running again,coz i just love dat rude

+1
    read his first post...........hes saying he filled the hole in the SHAFT......... NOT the rear charger housing......... maybe thats the problem! if he did fill the SHAFT hole it will LOCK UP soon from NO LUBE to the needle bearings because the shaft thru hole lets oil into the needle bearings thru hole into the shaft from the side! this also means oil is still getting into the housing in quantity from the rear housing inlet hole from the factory and most likely causing the issue because thats the hole that gets plugged NOT the hole in the end of the shaft!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information