EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Need computer artwork done for business flyers...

Hey guys...

As you may, or may not, know... I have started my own business with watercraft.

Performance Watercraft of Long Island.

www.PWCLI.com

My business venture is very much so still in its infancy, so most of my time has been spent locally networking and leaving business cards at appropriate places and talking to people around here I already know that are watercraft owners asking them to spread the word for me.

I would like to get small flyers done up, kind of like what you would find on your windshield for some club promoting their saturday night DJ party or something and drink specials... or event promotion, etc... know what I mean?

4 x 6 Flyers in full color with UV and stuff... undecided on single sided or both front AND backs... I'm gonna have a printing company run off like 5000 or 10,000 copies. I will be killing a few days driving to my target market location and leaving them for every waterfront home which will sporadically get me lucky by reaching a PWC owner, or hopefully having that homeowner pass it onto a friend that IS a pwc owner... as well as visiting all the local launch ramps all summer handing them out to PWC owners and leaving them on windshields of cars with PWC trailers hitched up.

I dont have the computer artwork design know-how to do this... altho I could pull something together if I had to, but it would be very primitive.

examples of what i'm talking about....

If you want to help out, awesome! I wouldn't be able to thank you enough.

Or we can turn this into a competition if you guys want...All submission are due in by a certain date, and the person's flyer that I choose will get a 4-tec Maintenance kit or something... I'll send the designer I choose a package with an oil filter, spark plugs, and can of Seadoo Lube or something...

whatever you guys are into, let me know... Usually i'm the one helping out, this time I'm the one desperately needing the help

Guidelines... there are none. I will include a jpeg file of what the front and back of my current business cards look like at the bottom of this post.. other than that you can use the content from my business card and the content on my website to whip something up? If you need something from me, let me know... if you want to pick my mind about what I might be looking for in the back of my mind, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to share some of my ideas of what i'd like to see maybe.

I've been kind of "branding" myself with the picture that is my facebook photo and that is also found on my business card and in the CONTACT section of my website. If you want to use that picture, cool.. Kind of brands me a little bit with a consistant image for people to recognize... The photo was taken by user "meirvin" here on the forum at Mudbug and he used the picture in the Watercraft World article about Mudbug. He was nice enough to send me the original picture... Gotta give Mike credit where credit is due! http://www.irvinphotography.com/

Now, if I get no responses whatsoever, I'll just feel like a horses ass

Thank you much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWCLI Bcard Front.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	122935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWCLI Bcard Rear.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	122936   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shibby.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	897.2 KB 
ID:	122937  

Man, I'm a sucker for casting parties. Sorry I missed them... Ron

+1
    Steve, I appreciate all that you've done for this site. Although I'm not very artistic, I will talk to the gf and she if she can help. I'll let you know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Steve, I appreciate all that you've done for this site. Although I'm not very artistic, I will talk to the gf and she if she can help. I'll let you know.
    thank you kindly bud! the offer and attempt at trying to help goes a long way itself. no biggie if she can't

i gotta get me an artistic computer whiz of a girlfriend it sounds like

+1
    to answer some inquiries.... what would i like to see on it...

well a ski would be cool.. any brand model, something new/recent tho

perhaps the logos of the 4 major brands embedded somehow so potential customers know we do them all.. Seadoo, kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda

Business name on there of course..
    phone number
    website

quick blurbs or phrases? - ie... Mobile Repair - Performance Upgrades

I'm also an Amsoil dealer if you want to tie that in so i can maybe get some regular customers that buy oil for their skis from me locally...

we have two sides to work with if you want... if you want to make one side be a cool highly graphic and image focused side with a sick collage of a ski and some parts and the business and contact info with the brand logos..

and then maybe on the back you want to tie in the PWC Oil products sales... or use the back of my business card where I have my "referrals discount" thing and put that on the back of the flyer..

those are some ideas i've had...

we're working with a 4" x 6" medium

if this is alot more complicated than i think it is, and extremely time consuming... and your time is money, let me know... maybe this web art design stuff is more intense than i believe it to be and i gotta pay you for your time...

Thanks in advance tremendously if you are willing to help me out

STEVE

Just an FYI, You can't use the dealer logos unless you are an authorized dealer of that brand. Don't want you to get in trouble.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by neversatisfiedmotorsports View Post
    Just an FYI, You can't use the dealer logos unless you are an authorized dealer of that brand. Don't want you to get in trouble.
    oooo, makes sense thanks for the info. I suck at business law, struggled right thru that class when i was in business school.

guess i'll just type them out in a font rather than using logos

+1
    disregard... dont worry about it fellas.

getting it taken care of. thanks anyway

Thread Information