Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

08 vx ride problem!!!

Hey everyone, as most of you know the vx dont idle/cruze very well .this weekend i was in a nowake zone going 4mph and just getting soaked.. (cold water) the bow is always stuffed in the water. so i hope there's away to shim the pump and ride plate to change the angle of the pump to help raise the bow any. has anyone done this yet and does it work? if not is there anything else i can do beside trading in the ski..

i just change my trim and sit/stand as far back as i can to shift the weight,
    dunno about any mods though

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    The trim is not adjustable on the VX. I usually sit back a seat since i can still reach

I love the hull of the vx as it is a good hull to just cruise on. Only problem is the damn wate that splashes over the bow

Quote Originally Posted by my00b16si View Post
    Hey everyone, as most of you know the vx dont idle/cruze very well .this weekend i was in a nowake zone going 4mph and just getting soaked.. (cold water) the bow is always stuffed in the water. so i hope there's away to shim the pump and ride plate to change the angle of the pump to help raise the bow any. has anyone done this yet and does it work? if not is there anything else i can do beside trading in the ski..
    Talk to Carl at Island racing. I know last season he was moding the VX ride plate. The results were on lifting the bow higher and getting 1-1.5 mph out of it. I don't know if it will help at the no-wake zone though.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowStang305 View Post
    The trim is not adjustable on the VX. I usually sit back a seat since i can still reach
    oh, bummer

+1
    Are the 08 FX SHOCrusiers the same way.. I do not know because mine has sat since NOV. with 0 hours...Im ready for summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Talk to Carl at Island racing. I know last season he was moding the VX ride plate. The results were on lifting the bow higher and getting 1-1.5 mph out of it. I don't know if it will help at the no-wake zone though.
    I will do that. it just go's to show how much improvements can be made.(on any ski) do you know if there is and pictures of the ride plate mod installed on a ski?

SlowStang305The trim is not adjustable on the VX. I usually sit back a seat since i can still reach

i wish i could but i am only 5'7.. i dont mind getting wet and i love my vx i just wish it was a little better so i can enjoy the cold days also.

Yeah, like Brewster said I would recommend the ride plate, otherwise you can try the splash guard. Never tried it myself, but I'm sure there is some type of improvement. I dislike the bowspray myself, but I rarely ride in the cold so I enjoy it during summer time

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by my00b16si View Post
    I will do that. it just go's to show how much improvements can be made.(on any ski) do you know if there is and pictures of the ride plate mod installed on a ski?

SlowStang305The trim is not adjustable on the VX. I usually sit back a seat since i can still reach

i wish i could but i am only 5'7.. i dont mind getting wet and i love my vx i just wish it was a little better so i can enjoy the cold days also.

I got the mod installed on my ski (It's Carl's Mod 3), take a look:

I'm trying to sell the plate if anyone is interested, also got an R&D intake grate for sale. Will be parting ways with the VX this summer, so I'm selling all my mods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7467.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	123122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7469.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	123123  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information