Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: water in hull

water in hull

well it seems like when i ride in smooth water i have a little bit of water in my hull, when i ride in choppy or rough water i get a lot of water in the hull enough to turn on the bilge.

i got back to the launch after a test run took off the seats and to my suprise water and a good bit. IT EVEN LOOKS AS IF IT SPLASHED FROM SOMEWHERE i could see droplets of water all around the battery area.

i recently filled the hull with water to check the carbon seal and it didnt leak out the bottom but it seems to be a little loose may need to check again it has 110 hrs on it. i also read that the rubber boot on the pump could cause this?? i had the pump on and off many times seal looks good. i run it on the hose in my yard and check for leaks after i dry it ouy and cant find any
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    well it seems like when i ride in smooth water i have a little bit of water in my hull, when i ride in choppy or rough water i get a lot of water in the hull enough to turn on the bilge.

i got back to the launch after a test run took off the seats and to my suprise water and a good bit. IT EVEN LOOKS AS IF IT SPLASHED FROM SOMEWHERE i could see droplets of water all around the battery area.

i recently filled the hull with water to check the carbon seal and it didnt leak out the bottom but it seems to be a little loose may need to check again it has 110 hrs on it. i also read that the rubber boot on the pump could cause this?? i had the pump on and off many times seal looks good. i run it on the hose in my yard and check for leaks after i dry it ouy and cant find any
    thanks
    i had a problem with the carbon seal on mine with just 20 hours. I left it in the water tied to a houseboat over night and almost sank it the next morning when i got on it. I had to bail it out with red beer cups and luckily no water got in the motor/ oil. Once the electrical dried out i was able to get it back to the trailer. Dealership said the seal was bad and if i trailered it after each ride i may have never really known except for seeing some water after rides.

Personally, i haven't gotten into the driveline or seals so i can't give any great advice, but i thought sharing my experience may halp you get to the bottom of your problem

+1
    I had an 04 RXP that developed a pin size hole in one of the hoses down low. It would spray water all over the engine compartment when running hard.

My 07 RXT had water issue at only 20 hrs.
    Tried everything .. no success.. until...
    I finally found that my opas removal was the issue.
    At the pump tunnel, where opas gets it's water supply,
    it was leaking at the fitting inside the hull... on my opas removal
    kit, you just don't use that water fitting from pump to hull (t fitting)
    I plugged it just to see, and wha la no more water..
    I still need to get the hull blockoff plate and remove it altogether.
    Some kits have it already and you may also. Just a sugg.

can the carbon seal leak while you are riding since the ski is going forward? i can see if it were sitting still how it could leak

Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    I had an 04 RXP that developed a pin size hole in one of the hoses down low. It would spray water all over the engine compartment when running hard.
    What hose was it? I may have a similar problem.

Here is my 2 cents, Since I know you did the rideplate and I did mine as well. I had to pull it back off cause I didn't put enough sealant around the coolant nipples going into the hull. Once all the weight off the ski is on the rideplate in the water all it takes is one little spot for the water to come in. I put water in the hull and none leaked out(cause of no pressure). As soon as I put a razor blade to the rideplate sealant water started dripping out.

kurt i put an ass load of ultrablack around the nipples i used a whole tube like the big tube used in caulk guns! and this was a good bit of water....it did it before i put the new plate also!

I did as well! Like I said just my 2 cents! I drained it out kept it strapped to the trailer and backed it in to the water.I stood in the water freezing my ass off and looked in to see where it was coming from. Still couldn't tell but the hull filled right up and when I took the plate off there was one little tiny spot that had to be the leak. I don't have it back together yet maybe next week.Sorry I didn't see the part that said it did it before!

okay update.. i just filled that sob with water again and its pouring out from the intake grate....so i guess i need a new carbon seal and a how to link thanks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information