need advice efi cont.

i am trying to get at efi connector the big grey one half way between bucket hole and engine compartment hole its a real pain in ass any easy ways to do this.? also what is the smaller connector for on the efi controller?i managed to reach in and disconnect the other connectors so i could pull motor out with stator cover

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by don jordan View Post
    i am trying to get at efi connector the big grey one half way between bucket hole and engine compartment hole its a real pain in ass any easy ways to do this.? also what is the smaller connector for on the efi controller?i managed to reach in and disconnect the other connectors so i could pull motor out with stator cover
    I actually did this last night. I was thinking the same damn questions. What I did, after I cut my hands wrists and tried to be a contortionist for a few minutes stood back and look at it.

I finally came up with the plan to go through the front bucket opening. I got both arms in there and was able to get the connector unplugged. I'm a big guy so it was a little difficult to do this. I did remove the wire tire in the front holding all the wires up. (that brought the connector a couple inches closer to the front.) As far as the other connector, are you referring to the ground wire? (or the smaller grey connector which plugs inline with the existing connectors on the ski?) That I connected to the powervalve cover. Not sure where you connect that on 05-08 skis.

efi conroller

ya maybe iwill try it your way its just a spot where its so hard to get both hands on it. so the smaller gray connector gets plugged in also.riva online instuction didnt say anything about smaller gray connector. just the big one and the ground

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by don jordan View Post
    ya maybe iwill try it your way its just a spot where its so hard to get both hands on it. so the smaller gray connector gets plugged in also.riva online instuction didnt say anything about smaller gray connector. just the big one and the ground
    Riva instructions suck, in my opinion..... The plug on the ski you unplug will be identical to the riva grey plugs. Just plug small riva into big ski, and big riva into small ski. It basically keep the connections continuous with adding the controller in line.

+1
    Don,run an additional ground wire from your controller to the battery ground.INSURANCE,

ya i will do that woody thanks for the tip is there an easy way to get at the conectors?

+1
    No, try going through the front hood.Stand on the right side of the ski.Its not fun.

oh! what a let down,i thought you would have some easy solution to this situation

+1
    I just installed my controller,i reported and built my 1390 EFi and installed the controller while the pipe was out.IT WAS NICE!

Thread Information