Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My 97 GP1200SS build thread.

Ok, its about time I get a build thread up and running before i get to far into my build. Ok well here it is, this is what i started with about a year ago. Since then i have striped the ski to a bare hull, compiled half of the parts needed for the build, and I am about finished truing and refinishing the hull.

Ok, this is my hull situation as of 3 months ago before i started the processes of truing and refinishing.
    Look how thrashes those trim tabs were!

Ok, so I am planning on letting this one be a slow build, I don’t want to miss anything and when completed I want to end up with a one off build. When its not raining outside I will get some pictures up of where I am now I would like to say that I have came a long way from what you see in those pictures..for starters I plan on building the boat in 3 stages in step one complete a bad ass hull, worx pro series sponsons, r&d ride plate and grate (not concrete yet), riva billet trim tabs, and riva mechanical trim tabs I will be shooting for a soup with the ingredients of a high top end, and tight turning, arm ripping cornerspeed..step two I will be working on acquiring a skat 12 vein to aid in the rough water riding I live by and to pull my dream of a oldschool CC racer together, and finally in step three build or acquire a 5 mil stoker motor that I will be running with my tripples..Astheticaly the build with resemble a late 90's closed course race boat, this is the original reason why I bough old school anyway..the gp's have something that the skis today just don’t have anymore, they were built for the recreational race crowd and in my opinion one of the only skis built for this reason, there are no cup holders and no spot for every one in the family and is simply a one person ride...also now is a good time to thank every one who has supported me in the build so far everyone has been so helpful: Kris, Eric, Oside, Mike Peavler, Mark, Brandon, Scott and Scott, im sure there is more even members who have built an old school boat are inspiration to keep them going..This picture is concept of what I am going for in the future, welcome "Street Fighter"..

+1
    Good luck, and never get rid of your GP. I will never sell mine.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    That ski will be awesome when it is done. And thank you for getting rid of those hideous registration numbers. Who the Hell did that?

Anyway, GP1200SS souds cool. I am going to say it means GP1200 Super Sleeper!

Thanks brandon, i hope i never sell this boat, for me it is timless..haha and those were terrible, that was the guy who royaly F'ed me he really ripped me off good when he sold it to me, he said it was a fresh rebuild but when i cracked the cases i saw other wise also had some troble he gave the the title to a different 97 gp1200 and the hins diddnt match..got that taken care of tho he dissapeared before i got a chance to say anthing

Update!

Ok i think its time to update my build thread a little bit.. i have gotten alot more done since my last posts, the hull is now striped and trued sanded with gradual grades of emory cloth and is now ready for primer and paint. i have included some photos of how clean i got the engine bays what i used was engine brite gel (it bonds to the vertical surfaces better then the foam so i dont have to work as hard) then after letting it sit for 30 min. i scrubed down all of the built up deposits with a wire brush and then power washed out the mess..i even climbed inside and scrubed inside the footwells
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gphull.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	133162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gphull2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	316.3 KB 
ID:	133163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gphull3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	133164  

+1
    Looks nice are you leaving the stock ride plate inserts in there or are you upgrading them.

deffinitly doing somthing like your set up or osides set up with the 1300 inserts..i ment to comment on that reinforcments you put it they came out great

oh and also im working on a mounting bracket for my total loss brain and i got someone building me a dual battery box for the odesseys

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information