Need help identifying a few pump parts

I have a few pump parts that I'm unsure of what they are. First are two reduction nozzles...One says 66V and the other says 67X. They don't look identical, but look very similar...I see some 1200PV stuff labeled 66v and 67x, so maybe these are the same part, but different castings? How can you tell a 3* from a 5*?

Also, I have an 8 vane stator that says 66V, but it has a larger diameter hub than the early pump. It came with two larger diameter tail cones, but they don't fit perfectly either. The hub is a bit tapered. Any idea who made this and what impellers work with the larger hub? Not sure if the hub diameter is the same as the new 6 vaners?

I also have an R&D ride plate that has no skegs...I take it that this is the one commonly referred to as "skegless"? Main difference between this one and the newer R&D "skegged" ones is just handling?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    pics would help but i'd say the pump stator is from an HO pump

OK, did a bit more research...the stator looks to be a Skat Magnum 8 vane. The vane section is stainless steel. It appears that Skat starts with OEM Yami stators, so that would explain the OEM "66V" markings. So I guess my only question here is, what impellers can be used on this?

Are all OEM Yami stators 100% aluminum? No stainless vanes?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    I have a few pump parts that I'm unsure of what they are. First are two reduction nozzles...One says 66V and the other says 67X. They don't look identical, but look very similar...I see some 1200PV stuff labeled 66v and 67x, so maybe these are the same part, but different castings? How can you tell a 3* from a 5*?

66V and 67X are both 87mm nozzles. A 3deg has the bolt holes (on the sides) tapped for a reverse bucket/bracket
    (XLT/XLL)

Also, I have an 8 vane stator that says 66V, but it has a larger diameter hub than the early pump. It came with two larger diameter tail cones, but they don't fit perfectly either. The hub is a bit tapered. Any idea who made this and what impellers work with the larger hub? Not sure if the hub diameter is the same as the new 6 vaners?

Sounds like a Skat pump. They take a regular 66V stator and bore it, then press a SS vane section in. Look for a Scat swirl prop to work with it or you can modify a Dynafly impeller.

I also have an R&D ride plate that has no skegs...I take it that this is the one commonly referred to as "skegless"? Main difference between this one and the newer R&D "skegged" ones is just handling?

R&D didnt make a plate w/o skegs, so it must have been machined. A skegged plate handles much better than one w/o skegs, but no skegs is usually faster.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    ^

WFO-Thanks!

Thread Information