Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SBT's reputation. ??

I have read many threads and opinions re: SBT and how many in here feel their stuff is of inferior quality. I would just like to know if anyone actually thinks they make a decent replacement 2 stroke swap motor? Not everyone is out for the most performance or that extra bit. Is it their parts that people have a problem with or their methods / services? There is always someone with an opinion saying this place is better or worse than the other but never says why. It seems SBT has been successful in what they do can they have built such an organization on a junk foundation? In all fairness I can tell you I have never ordered anything from them and am neutral as I am new to the game. Please feel free to chime in but explain yourself somewhat as I'd like to know.

+1
    I have seen a number of 717 and 787s from them that did fine. I am not sure about performance, though.

I did have a couple of 951s from them and when I took the last one apart (out of warrenty) I was not impressed with the mods on the head or type of pistons that they use.

I was going to get a Kawi 900 from them until I decided to drop the project.

here come the flames....

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Ok here is what I have heard on SBT

They are an all right place to get a replacement motor if you are running a stock setup. They use the cheapest parts they can get away with, and you should get the two year no fault warranty. If you are running hi performance set ups the SBT internals(pistons, rods, and crank) just will not live very long.

Oh, their forums suck(that is personal opinion from personal experience)

Can't beat their warranty. I put an SBT motor in a buddy of mines ski, about a month later a carb butterfly screw backed out and went right into the motor. They don't even ask questions, they just send you a new motor.

For stock application, i don't think you can beat them overall.

+1
    i would say(THIS IS JUST MY OPINION) i would spent the money and get quality rotax parts if you're going to rebuild...I've seen it where a new motor will actually have a significant amount less compression than what it was stock from the factory...if it were me and the difference is a couple hundred dollars i would rather spend the money and get rotax parts....it's all in the saying you get what you pay for!

We are one of SBT's biggest Dealers, I sell and install around 140 of thier motors a year!!! I have had very little problems with them, it is a great low cost replacmnet motor with a geat warrenty!! Most of the problems from SBT's motors come from the installers, that dont know what they are doing!! you cant just replace a motor until you find out what caused the first motor to blow!!!

If it were a couple hundred dollars difference, i think SBT would be out of business. Compare the prices and warranty.

Its easy to offer a good warranty and Cheap product when Your Labor force is mostly immigrants Wont speculate if they are Legal and your parts are from the far east.. No union wages are bennys But then what do you care if the people that work for a company are paid a living wage. Or the parts come from a country with human rights or environmental issues... Sorry I wont buy them even if WFM Who is seldom on here puts in a million a day. I refuse Its not right. Go work for Walmart I hear its great.....

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    Its easy to offer a good warranty and Cheap product when Your Labor force is mostly immigrants Wont speculate if they are Legal and your parts are from the far east.. No union wages are bennys But then what do you care if the people that work for a company are paid a living wage. Or the parts come from a country with human rights or environmental issues... Sorry I wont buy them even if WFM Who is seldom on here puts in a million a day. I refuse Its not right. Go work for Walmart I hear its great.....

My business name is WMF watercraft, please dont speak to me or my business in those terms, All I was saying was they offer a good product at a great price, and about thier labor!!! at least they have jobs right now!!!! I am not sure what your beef is but I dont think it is right to take it out on me or my busness. By the way how many SBT motors have you bought? You seem to have alot of info with no facts?? please explane!! And about me being seldom on this site, I have a business to run, if I were one here everyday I guess I would not have any work!! I see you joined last June!! so what!! if you need parts of help I can do that for you, if you expect me to post on the intenet all day that is not me!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information