Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

o.p.a.s block off advise

Hello, I am new to the forum, Love this site and all the info, Thanks... Looking for some advise on block offs, I have a 08 rxpx and I am doing a few DIY mods, Is it worth the cost difference in standard block offs, and the ones with hull extensions? Handling?performance,
    I am a aggresive recreational rider not a compitition racer,My x runs in the mid 70's, Are the hull extensions worth the xtra 200.00 bucks? thanks for your feed back

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp x nut View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forum, Love this site and all the info, Thanks... Looking for some advise on block offs, I have a 08 rxpx and I am doing a few DIY mods, Is it worth the cost difference in standard block offs, and the ones with hull extensions? Handling?performance,
    I am a aggresive recreational rider not a compitition racer,My x runs in the mid 70's, Are the hull extensions worth the xtra 200.00 bucks? thanks for your feed back

The hull extensions will calm porpoising at high speeds and most people find that worth the extra money.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rxp x nut View Post

welcome to the forum. I am somewhat new here also, but I use this site for 95% of my research and questions. Everyone here will stear you in the right direction!

Does anyone know the performance difference between the regular and pro series opas blocks? What performance upgrade can be expected for the extra couple hundred dollars going with the pro series blocks on a stock 2006 rxp?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    The hull extensions will calm porpoising at high speeds and most people find that worth the extra money.
    RXPX don't porpoise at least up to 81mph with stock OPAS. I feel its a unnessary mod unless you really hate how the OPAS makes the ski feel in hard turns.

+1
    I have no experience on the P-X, but my 2005 RXP did not porpoise at 72 mph with the cheap blockoffs ... but it DID porpoise at 75+ mph. I have not tried the Riva Pro blockoffs, but the REs I installed settled the ski 100% and allowed me to go much faster later with no porpoising.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I have no experience on the P-X, but my 2005 RXP did not porpoise at 72 mph with the cheap blockoffs ... but it DID porpoise at 75+ mph. I have not tried the Riva Pro blockoffs, but the REs I installed settled the ski 100% and allowed me to go much faster later with no porpoising.
    +1 I FOUND THE SAME AS.....I DID HAVE A SLIGHT FITTING PROBLEM WITH THE REs...MOSTLY MY FAULT AND IMPATIENCE HOWEVER NOW IM RUNNING 79.1AND THEY ARE A MUST HAVE...IN CHOPPY WATER I CAN RIDE FASTER AND HARDER....AND KEEP UP WITH OR FLY BY THEM 3 SEATER DUDES....

My 2006 rxp is stock with a top speed of 69 mph. When on chooppy water my top speed drops as much as 5 mph and the ski struggles to maintain contact with the water. I think that is what many refer to as porpoising? My question is will the pro series opas blocks be a worth while addition to a stock ski with my top end speed?

+1
    +1 Same scenario with my RXT. I have the RE BO and love them. Well worth the extra money in my opinion. Besides the high speed bounce it goes through choppy water even better.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by hodgey5671 View Post
    My 2006 rxp is stock with a top speed of 69 mph. When on chooppy water my top speed drops as much as 5 mph and the ski struggles to maintain contact with the water. I think that is what many refer to as porpoising? My question is will the pro series opas blocks be a worth while addition to a stock ski with my top end speed?
    What you have just discribed is poor hook up, welcome to the RXP in chop.. Porpoising is when at WOT your ski will bounce causing a scrub in topspeed.
    A stock ski won't really benifit from RE block off's(maybe alittle better stibility) but a modded 75 MPH ski will benifit big time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information