+1

RXT-X problem with Hood mechanism

The hood opening/closing mechanism came off my RXT-X and of course there is now no resistance when closing and opening the hood. I understand that this is almost impossible to fix without knowing the secret of compressing and holding the spring and then reattaching the mechanism. Can someone please post this correct method of fixing this mechanism? Thank you in advance.

i normal take the bolts out of the black plastic hinge, that way you can lift the hood extra high (till the very point of the hood almost touches the fiberglass...be very careful it doesnt.) then you should jus be able to get the shock back on as someone holds the hood up for you, when you get the shock on just pull back down on the hood and it will compress the shock for you! then just line the hinge back up and put the bolts back in.

but you might as well just get comfy with having to hold the hood up your self cause after my shock came off the first time (my 2nd ride) it wouldnt stay on for more then a half hour... i must have fixed it 6 or 7 times and i just got so sick of it i just said F*** it. it really is a design flaw on seadoos part... good luck

forgot to mention.. just remove the bolts from the 2nd hinge (there are two sets, leave the hinge thats closest to the front of the ski alone..you just wanna undo the biger one

+1
    go into advance search and type in "hood strut". THen click on 4 tech performance.

Click on the first thread as i just told a guy the other day about how to"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooper_Scooper View Post
    i normal take the bolts out of the black plastic hinge, that way you can lift the hood extra high (till the very point of the hood almost touches the fiberglass...be very careful it doesnt.) then you should jus be able to get the shock back on as someone holds the hood up for you, when you get the shock on just pull back down on the hood and it will compress the shock for you! then just line the hinge back up and put the bolts back in.

but you might as well just get comfy with having to hold the hood up your self cause after my shock came off the first time (my 2nd ride) it wouldnt stay on for more then a half hour... i must have fixed it 6 or 7 times and i just got so sick of it i just said F*** it. it really is a design flaw on seadoos part... good luck
    if your strut keeps popping off, be sure there is no play or slack from side to side on the bracket. If there any play get 7mm or 9/32 to tighten both bolts on either end of bracket.

Thread Information