Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

Just picked up a 94 XP for real cheap need help!

Hey guys as the title says I just got a 94 XP and trailer for 700 bucks running, I havent worked on the 2smokes for a long time and would like some help as to what i should do to this before putting it in the water this year, also would like to know what mods are out there for it, I am not gonna dump a ton into it i bought it for my 18 year old brother so he can come out and ride with me, and i know it will never be able to run with my RXT. So all the help i could get would be nice thanks.

Well it should be more like I am going to pick it up next Saturday what should i look for when i get there before i pay the man.
    Last edited by JonnyRXT; 03-27-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Picking Up next weekend.

+1
    I have a 94xp.. love it..

F/A's rejet the carbs and add a prop, and it's a fun little ski! an R&D or westcoast ride plate extender also helps keep that little ski in the water..

Things to look for? Nothing specific for that model.. Just your usual compression test, hear it run, water test if possible.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    put a factory pipe on it, there always on e-bay cheap

+1
    Check the oil lines to the injectors. The like to crack and if they are painted they have been on there for 14 years.

I have seen a few 657-717 failures due to this.

Run your fingers along the lines and see if they come off oily. If the whole thing is oily (not unusual) you may need to clean her up before you can find anything specific.

As Dan said, great little boats but they did not have the trim tabs at the back like and X-4 so a ride plate extender does help. Perhaps a grate as well.

Banned User
    yeah i already have the factory pipe for it as long as its the same for the 94 SPX, i loved my 94 SPX and i cant wait to see how this runs with VTS.

Replace the fuel lines, and clean the carbs out before running it. Clean the fuel selector also. Most of those motors fail due to fuel system problems. Those motors take a beatin!

Banned User
    i remember the fuel lines and the cleaning of the carbs and fuel selector, what should the compression be in this motor?

I can't remember what the comp should be on that. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pull the head and have a look inside. Nice avitar by the way, i love that guy!!!!!!!

Banned User
    yeah he is great, i like urs too, i had a blown cobra.
    i think its supposed to be at 150 or right around there.

def get a grate. makes all the difference in the world. i think a worx is like $140, or just search on ebay. hull extender and LOTS of loctite. the screws will back out in rough water! you could also get a set of agresser sponsons, but youll have to make the holes. i would also get him some new mat with better traction if he is new to riding, and new grips because they will end up sliding off and he will end up in the water. good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information