what speeds am i looking at

What i have is in my sig. As you can see i have a few more things being shipped to the house as we speak but Ive managed to get 80.2 on the gps air temp 78-80 water is at 68-70 gotta love Florida. With the addition of the turbo kit thanks 303RXP I'm hoping to improve on that number. What do you think is achievable for speed with this setup keeping in mind I'm going to be limited at 8100 till i upgrade valve train and ecu? Also if i was to upgrade the ECU which one would you guys go with and what would you think i would gain by going to an aftermarket ECU?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    What i have is in my sig. As you can see i have a few more things being shipped to the house as we speak but Ive managed to get 80.2 on the gps air temp 78-80 water is at 68-70 gotta love Florida. With the addition of the turbo kit thanks 303RXP I'm hoping to improve on that number. What do you think is achievable for speed with this setup keeping in mind I'm going to be limited at 8100 till i upgrade valve train and ecu? Also if i was to upgrade the ECU which one would you guys go with and what would you think i would gain by going to an aftermarket ECU?

Man that is flying for a stock ECU. I think you will have troble supplying the fuel for a turbo with stock ecu alone. Engineer mike has done it but he has piggyback electronics and BIG injectors. 48s and an RRFPR isnt going to enough IMO.You will get alot with the ECU and if you go with a remap they can cater for what you are running. R88

+1
    Yea man, you are one of a very few who broke 80 on the stock ECU. To echo what R88ory said, with the stock ECU and turbo, you'll run into 2 limitations: fuel and prop.

Fuel: With the 48's, it'll probably run out of fuel around 13 psi boost. Add the RRFPR and it'll go a little higher. For big boost on the stock ECU, I'm running an AEM F/IC piggyback and 62# injectors.

Prop: I took the 15/20R 4-blade up to about 81 mph by adding 4mm to the trailing edge and 81 mm nozzle. For higher speeds, I switched to a Skat 15.5/23 3-blade and kept the 81 nozzle.

i like the seadoo centri ecu they can map to ur set up and r's u want + their ecu are proven and not new 2 the market

My build has come along pretty fast from completely stock in Dec to where i am right now. Ive been trying to go with the most logical things first but made a few mistakes in getting here. I think i will end up doing the ECU i was looking at the Rotax racing one that someone on here had for sale but ive just been bouncing the idea around. Has anyone heard of the shims that go under your stock springs to allow you to not float valves or is this a route i should avoid? I know that im getting to the point where valve and springs are going to have to be added. As for the prop where can i find something like a 15.5/23 at?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    My build has come along pretty fast from completely stock in Dec to where i am right now. Ive been trying to go with the most logical things first but made a few mistakes in getting here. I think i will end up doing the ECU i was looking at the Rotax racing one that someone on here had for sale but ive just been bouncing the idea around. Has anyone heard of the shims that go under your stock springs to allow you to not float valves or is this a route i should avoid? I know that im getting to the point where valve and springs are going to have to be added. As for the prop where can i find something like a 15.5/23 at?
    Depending on what rpm you want depends what you need to run. As per http://www.seadooperformance.com/sea-doo.html you can run up to 8650 with light wieght retainers and 9300 with retainers and light valves this is with stock valve springs. As said before I would go with a seadoo centre ECU as they will remap per your mods and what injectors you want to run.

For your prop i would send it to a pro for a repitch. There are a few people on here that do them. Speedfreek, jawz. Are 2 off the top of my head. They will be able to bend your 15/20 to what you need. But as engineer mike said there is only so far you can bend a prop and if your stil on the limiter then your gona need more RPM.

If it were me i wouldnt bother trying to get it done with the stock ECU. Im having enough issues trying to get mine dialed in and there is alot of difference between my setup and a turbo. Having the extra RPM and more aggresive fuel mapping will help get you running much faster and safer. My O2. R88

Thread Information