Do i need a new impeller?

I took my pump off today to check my impeller out. Here is what i found

Ski has 56 hours on it. is this normal or should i replace it?

Your pump needs some work.
    Consider a pump rebuild and blueprint from http://skiworx.com/ultra150.html
    and a repitch. Also looking at your photos, make sure you have all your o-rings one is missing in the photo. It maybe on the pump case.
    Welcome to a Great Forum!

The prop looks fixable as mentioned. How do the bearings feel when you rotate it over? Pull the tail cone and look for water inside if you find any then the seals are bad and its time for a rebuild. The other thing to check is wear ring clearance you want .006 or less but not rubbing. Skiworkx is a good place to get it done. The early ultras had 2 seals on the bearings and had troble with water intrusion. Later they went with 3. Steve does them all with 3 seals for longer bearing life. Looks like you dog chewed on the rubber nose cone. You can just leave that offjust be sure to grease the splines on the drive shaft when you put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    The prop looks fixable as mentioned. How do the bearings feel when you rotate it over? Pull the tail cone and look for water inside if you find any then the seals are bad and its time for a rebuild. The other thing to check is wear ring clearance you want .006 or less but not rubbing. Skiworkx is a good place to get it done. The early ultras had 2 seals on the bearings and had troble with water intrusion. Later they went with 3. Steve does them all with 3 seals for longer bearing life. Looks like you dog chewed on the rubber nose cone. You can just leave that offjust be sure to grease the splines on the drive shaft when you put it back together.
    Like btldigger said, pull the cone. Use caution removing the cone. Sometimes if there is water in there it can create a suction!! You don't want to break the screw tabs off!! You can rotate it slightly to get at the tabs.

Thanks for the help guys.

I guess i will call steve on mon and possibly send it in to get worked on. The corrosion was from a previous owner. They had little time to ride and it was left outside for way too long. Its a 99 model and only had 15 hours on it when i bought it last year. I plan on pulling everything and having it powder coated along with my intake grate, ride plate, and pump nozzle.

Thread Information