Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Explain your user name

Just what the title says.

Mine is my initials and I ride a kawi 250X.

+1
    dsolie = Dan Solie... My name

well...I play a lot of online games, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft...etc. Back like...a LONG time ago me and friends played Medal of Honor and we were really into the Band of Brother series so we made a clan called the West Michigan Band of Brother (WMBoB) and we all picked names from the series. Well, I picked Sgt. Lipton. When I went to playing Call of Duty, I joined a clan and they had a ranking system, so Sgt. Lipton wouldnt work, I had to change. I had NO idea what to pick, I was horrible at picking names like that, so I had them give me ideas. Well...Rampage just stuck I guess, and so ever since then I just used Rampage for anything online

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    It was the model of my boat I just sold V-179 Starflight.

http://www.classicglastron.com/75gl-v179-178.html

my last name

my First name (Brett) and a code to open a door (541) but I wont say what door.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Mine is a long story, longer than these guys at least. It starts in 2004 when a politically like minded co-worker of mine is posting on a political website, that shall remain nameless, and I keep giving him comments over his shoulder. I decide to join this website so my comment can belong to me. Since this site was unusual at the time as having a good mix of left and right as well as some moderate nut jobs, too, I wanted a name that would tweak the lefties without actually being offensive and also to serve as emotional armor since people would be calling me names and making fun of me. As a result I decided on the group of voters the Rush Limbaugh claims either Ted Kopple or Sam Donaldson(its my mental slip not Rush's that includes both name not just the correct one) credited the 1994 Republican take over of Congress to. Angry white males. So I signed up as Angrywhitemale(and am still registered there as). That explains the second half of my screen name.

Now the first half. On the afore mentioned political website there were(and to a good degree still are) a group of conservative posters of renowned skill and knowledge. They are the Darths(and Darthe to denote a female poster) so called because the founder was heckeled constantly about being evil so he said "fine, I'm evil just call me Darth *****, and lets get back to the issue at hand" as my posting there went on I recieved and invite to the Darth and thus when I signed on anywhere new I would carry the Darth banner forward.

Like I said, long.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Mine is a long story, longer than these guys at least. It starts in 2004 when a politically like minded co-worker of mine is posting on a political website, that shall remain nameless, and I keep giving him comments over his shoulder. I decide to join this website so my comment can belong to me. Since this site was unusual at the time as having a good mix of left and right as well as some moderate nut jobs, too, I wanted a name that would tweak the lefties without actually being offensive and also to serve as emotional armor since people would be calling me names and making fun of me. As a result I decided on the group of voters the Rush Limbaugh claims either Ted Kopple or Sam Donaldson(its my mental slip not Rush's that includes both name not just the correct one) credited the 1994 Republican take over of Congress to. Angry white males. So I signed up as Angrywhitemale(and am still registered there as). That explains the second half of my screen name.

Now the first half. On the afore mentioned political website there were(and to a good degree still are) a group of conservative posters of renowned skill and knowledge. They are the Darths(and Darthe to denote a female poster) so called because the founder was heckeled constantly about being evil so he said "fine, I'm evil just call me Darth *****, and lets get back to the issue at hand" as my posting there went on I recieved and invite to the Darth and thus when I signed on anywhere new I would carry the Darth banner forward.

Like I said, long.

Halfass was a phrase the technicians at the dealership where i worked in the 80's would use describing as "technique" of fixing a car. example....someone halfassed it. Everybody also used to call each other jack because of the movie 48 hours with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte. I always had to fix other people's screw ups so they called me halfassjack. The name kinda stuck for a nic name. I use it in my email, other online forums as well as other things. Most forums will let me use it but occasionally a forum won't allow it for some unknown reason?????

David
    halfassjack

+1
    Mine is the way I ride... either idling or Wide F#@*ing Open!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information