Rxt 2007 crazy!!! Problem

Hello,
    Yesterday we had a super crazy problem with my friend's Chris rxt (2007 45 HOURS).
    During our ride the engine shut off. We pressed the start button and nothing was heard...completely dead while the gauges were fine and with no error codes. Then we reinserted the key, beeps ok and we press start again and nothing happened. Here not that when i pull out the key the gauges for 3 second did reset continiusly. After that we took the ski out of water, we put it on the trailer, opend the seats and we check the battery that was ok. We unplug the battery cables and when we put them back we tryid again. The gauges were fine with no errors but when we pressed the start button nothing was happened. Completly dead and suddenly as the key was on the ski i turned the steering and without to press the start button the engine started and shuted off. I thought that maby it is the start button that has a problem. Anyway, this morning (after 24 hours in the trailer) i tried to start the engine and the ski works perfect. Any ideas what to check for? It seems that the ski loose sometimes the electric power.

Quote Originally Posted by chris-audio View Post
    Hello,
    Yesterday we had a super crazy problem with my friend's Chris rxt (2007 45 HOURS).
    During our ride the engine shut off. We pressed the start button and nothing was heard...completely dead while the gauges were fine and with no error codes. Then we reinserted the key, beeps ok and we press start again and nothing happened. Here not that when i pull out the key the gauges for 3 second did reset continiusly. After that we took the ski out of water, we put it on the trailer, opend the seats and we check the battery that was ok. We unplug the battery cables and when we put them back we tryid again. The gauges were fine with no errors but when we pressed the start button nothing was happened. Completly dead and suddenly as the key was on the ski i turned the steering and without to press the start button the engine started and shuted off. I thought that maby it is the start button that has a problem. Anyway, this morning (after 24 hours in the trailer) i tried to start the engine and the ski works perfect. Any ideas what to check for? It seems that the ski loose sometimes the electric power.
    sounds like a battery problem check the voltage/amps

. Completly dead and suddenly as the key was on the ski i turned the steering and without to press the start button the engine started and shuted off.
    good clue, look for a loose connector/connection or a wire that the insulation has been damaged in the area of the steering.
    Last edited by GTXX; 03-29-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spellin'

Hello,
    check you battery plus your ground make sure are clean

Thank you all of you.

I'll check and iwill inform you as soon as i foind the problem.

+1
    I agree with GTXX, it sounds like more than a battery problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    I agree with GTXX, it sounds like more than a battery problem.
    Yes soudns like a broken/partially broken wire probably on the handlebars or on the steering shaft, I would start by looking for damaged wire insulation somewhere. That would be a cause for intermittent problems like u describe, maybe depends on the angle the steering wheel is at? Good luck.

I have the same problem with my 2008 rxt this weekend. i am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see what they said. BTW did you found what it was??

Thread Information