Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

ECu reflash help

IM having problems with my ecu reflash...

Is it ok to switch plug an 05 rxt ecu into a 08 rxpx or vise versa? I'm getting nothing right now out of the reflash (after going back to powerchip to be checked out), i was assured the ecu was good.

Just want to check my ski out, and if there is something wrong with it, fix it.

FYI i have not touched anything electrical on this thing yet other than unhooking the temp sensor on the water box.

Any input is appreciated, this isn't looking good.

u'll haft 2 get ski reset on buds at a dealler 2 run the 05 reprogram ecu and have the trim activated since its a rxt ecu, if u wqant 2 put the 08 ecu back on the u'll haft 2 put it back on buds again. u cant just swap out ecu on the 08 like u could on the 04-05, 06-07, i do belive seadoo centri can reprogram the 04-07 ecu to run on the 08 and seadoo centri can keep the auto trim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post

Is it ok to switch plug an 05 rxt ecu into a 08 rxpx or vise versa? I'm getting nothing right now out of the reflash (after going back to powerchip to be checked out), i was assured the ecu was good.

FYI i have not touched anything electrical on this thing yet other than unhooking the temp sensor on the water box.

Try it with the temp sensor plugged it.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    there is ALOT of different logic going on between an 05 and an 08... alot alot

and a temp sensor wont stop a 4-tec from cranking or starting.. u'll get all functions, cranking, starting.. it'll throw a circuit shorted code for the temp sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    there is ALOT of different logic going on between an 05 and an 08... alot alot

and a temp sensor wont stop a 4-tec from cranking or starting.. u'll get all functions, cranking, starting.. it'll throw a circuit shorted code for the temp sensor
    i dont know about power chip but seadoo centri can reprogram a 04-05 215 ecu for the 08 scot has a 04 and mitch has a 08 ecu on their rxp x like i said the ski has to b hooked up to buds to do the swap

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    right i understand...

i'm just not understanding the questions and wording here tho... what are u mixing and matching

sure an ECU is nothing more than an electrical control unit... sure someone can rewrite it to be compatible with a certain ski model/year

forget what year ski the ECU came out of... the only thing relevant is what year program it has in it... doesn't matter if it came out of a 2002 155 GTX 4-tec if it has an 08 RXP-x program in it.... the program is whats important

not understanding what he wants to put on what..you can't put an 05 program on an 08 ski... i guess that's what i thought he was implying

i lost

right i understand...

i'm just not understanding the questions and wording here tho... what are u mixing and matching

sure an ECU is nothing more than an electrical control unit... sure someone can rewrite it to be compatible with a certain ski model/year

forget what year ski the ECU came out of... the only thing relevant is what year program it has in it... doesn't matter if it came out of a 2002 155 GTX 4-tec if it has an 08 RXP-x program in it.... the program is whats important

not understanding what he wants to put on what..you can't put an 05 program on an 08 ski... i guess that's what i thought he was implying

i lost
    the 03 185 or less dont have enought memory in it thats why i was told to get a 04 215 or newer some people dont want to lose their orignal ecu on their x boats just incase the ecu didn't work out they could put back their origanal set up, thats all, i had my 04 ecu reprogram 4 my 04 rxp when i got it back all i had to do was put it back in my ski and start it i guess he reprogram the 05 ecu for the 08 if not it wont work

i got nothing out of my reflash. i sent it to powerchip to raise the rev limit got it back installed it went for a ride and it was the same as before i sent it......so its on its way back going to try it again.

+1
    I just wanted to put the 08 ecu in the 05 ski and plug in to see if the dash lit up and the recognized the key.. right now it recognizes the key because it activates the dash however you dont get the beep and the ski wont start.
    I'm not going to do it, I'll just wait to hear from power chips... right now I'm more interested in finding a way to trouble shoot my ski to rule it out of the equation.

right i understand...

i lost

+1

Is it ok to switch plug an 05 rxt ecu into a 08 rxpx or vise versa?

Robert, that's the problem. 05 skis have an MPEM, 08's do not as the ECU takes on all the function the MPEM in older models used to handle. I have alerted Jeremy of this and he will be contacting you.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information