Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

picked up a FREEBIE 07 yesterday....

not going to be a GP-RXP..... but i picked up this bare hull yesterday for free...

bottom is perfect, its stripped with nothing... there's a few parts inside it like the grab handle and some other junk that's damaged...

the top deck has two cracks in it from damage... on the starboard side of the seat base area is where the cracks are, so not really a structurally integral area, but the price was right for some experiments and fooling around i been wanting to do... but the bond flange rub rail area, bottom deck, pump tunnel, transom, front and nose and everything are all in great shape! like i said the damage of why it was FREE was bc the top deck cracked from the top of the deck where the seat rests and about 8 inches down in 2 locations about 2 feet apart from each other.. so that side is all flimsy when you pull on it, very flimsy. but i'll play with it as it is, and if some ideas materialize i'll look into repairing it..

what a shame tho for an 07 to be cracked up... it's extremely clean despite the damage, so i can only assume it was a lower hour ski that got smacked

i'm torn between leaving it as is and working with it and down the road potential fixxing it? ... or just use it for mock-up purposes and then junk it and find a hull not needing repair... or cut the top deck off it and only keep the bottom hull for not

we shall see
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC00035.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	123614  

Could put an RXP top on it and have the best of both worlds. A few people have done those. Yours would be good because you do not have the initial cost of the GPR bottom hull. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    not going to be a GP-RXP..... but i picked up this bare hull yesterday for free...

bottom is perfect, its stripped with nothing... there's a few parts inside it like the grab handle and some other junk that's damaged...

the top deck has two cracks in it from damage... on the starboard side of the seat base area is where the cracks are, so not really a structurally integral area, but the price was right for some experiments and fooling around i been wanting to do... but the bond flange rub rail area, bottom deck, pump tunnel, transom, front and nose and everything are all in great shape! like i said the damage of why it was FREE was bc the top deck cracked from the top of the deck where the seat rests and about 8 inches down in 2 locations about 2 feet apart from each other.. so that side is all flimsy when you pull on it, very flimsy. but i'll play with it as it is, and if some ideas materialize i'll look into repairing it..

what a shame tho for an 07 to be cracked up... it's extremely clean despite the damage, so i can only assume it was a lower hour ski that got smacked

i'm torn between leaving it as is and working with it and down the road potential fixxing it? ... or just use it for mock-up purposes and then junk it and find a hull not needing repair... or cut the top deck off it and only keep the bottom hull for not

we shall see

+1
    GPR top is much better than a RXP top IMO

+1
    i'd love to do that.... just dont have the fiberglass fab skills to do something like that myself..

how many gpr/rxp hull deck swaps are there? i didn't know there were a few of them out there

i have heard it's an incredibly comfortable well balanced stable ride that combination tho... just what i've heard

not gonna get ahead of myself tho with glass work and decks and repairing it until i figure out the motor mounts and driveline of what i want to tinker with... only if it works then i'll look into repair or deck swaps.. if project fails i'll just junk the hull. it owes me nothing

Just needs a Motor.... bogey0911's Avatar
    i'd love to do that.... just dont have the fiberglass fab skills to do something like that myself..

how many gpr/rxp hull deck swaps are there? i didn't know there were a few of them out there

i have heard it's an incredibly comfortable well balanced stable ride that combination tho... just what i've heard

not gonna get ahead of myself tho with glass work and decks and repairing it until i figure out the motor mounts and driveline of what i want to tinker with... only if it works then i'll look into repair or deck swaps.. if project fails i'll just junk the hull. it owes me nothing
    i think rab1 has one

+1
    ya i just was avoiding naming him myself bc i know how he likes to stay below radar with that thing

he painted my old GPRXP i built... and i saw alot of his preliminary planning with his build making templates to convert the deck/hull... but i know he cut the gpr top deck off to be junk, not reused

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    GPR top is much better than a RXP top IMO
    In what way? The wideness of the GPR seat alone would make me want to pursue molding the RXP top deck on a GPR bottom.

+1
    it's all subjective and relative.... comfort and that feeling you get as a rider is completely unique to the individual... so we can't universalize which center of gravity and seat stance and riding position is better... it's not objective.

we can objectify the bottom hull, but not the top deck

different strokes for different folks...

Just needs a Motor.... bogey0911's Avatar
    ya i just was avoiding naming him myself bc i know how he likes to stay below radar with that thing

he painted my old GPRXP i built... and i saw alot of his preliminary planning with his build making templates to convert the deck/hull... but i know he cut the gpr top deck off to be junk, not reused
    Oh should delete that post i dont wanna step on anyones toes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bogey0911 View Post
    Oh should delete that post i dont wanna step on anyones toes
    No problem guys plenty of people know about or have seen it at the hydro drags.I perfer the feel of the RXPtop deck/seat so since I had a light weight RXP top deck I gave it a shot.One thing I will tell you is that it was a lot of work but the end result is very rewarding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information