need help pump extension

I have an 06 rxp 76.5gps 70 air temp 67 wat temp. SO i have been debating about getting the extension but after reading so many good coments about it and gains of 1.5 to 2mph I decited to to take the plunge and get one. The instructions tells do not use the 2 degre wedge with the extension. Sad to informyou but my speed drop to 74.1gps. I install the wedge back with the 2" extension re calibrated my trim nozzle with an angle finder and my speed went back to 76.5. so 0 speed gain. yet to try on chop water neeed to go with my friend so i can ride his 04 rxp and then ride mine to see if it does what they claim in regards to chop water. any sugestions

pump extension

I have the same thing happening. The only diffrence is I also added the adjustable nozzle from Riva. It seems the engine lost about 200 rpm also. I haven't had time to mess with it since the initial outing. Before the extension I was at 77.9 now at 76. Also I added the solid front motor mount and did realign everything again.

pump extension help

OK so when i talk about recalibrating is the rod for the trim nozzle.corect me if iam rong but when your trim is all the way up your pump nozzle and your steering nozzle most have the same angle.wich on a straight pass the water is not supose to touch the steering nozle.This is what I did with the sky on the trailer and the trailer on jack stands put your trim all the way up. take your steering nozzle of and check the angle of your pump nozzle. Then put back your steering nozzle and adjust the rod to the same degree as your pump nozzle. Iam runing an 81mm. In regards to the solid motor mount you mention that you gain your speed back. by going to a solid motor mount . OK now Iam scraching my head I dont get it. One more question. Are you runnig a wedge with your set up?

he said he realign the motor after he added the soild front mount not that he regained his lost speed
    this is making me think about adding the pump extension if i dont gain any speed or lose some speed i won't b wasting my money

+1
    Hmmmmm..I am running a pump extention and seen a 1.25 MPH gain at 8100 RPM..What RPMs are you getting after installing the extention??Did they drop,raise or stay the same???Also,When I tested the kit i ran with and without the wedge and extention rod..I found that with the wedge/rod combo I acually lost speed and RPM.Handling was god awful..The ski porpoused like a bitch... I Took the wedge/rod off and the handling and speed came back up..I highly recommend getting your alighnment checked..We checked my ski before and after installing the extention and found that the alighnment changes when installing the extention kit..Also re-check your trim settings..IF you nozzle is down more than you think it will scrub RPMs and speed..
    Last edited by Snoman; 03-31-2009 at 08:54 AM.

+1
    You guys should keep in mind that not all hulls are the same. Some have a little more hook than others and not all pump shoes are aligned the same either. All it takes is for a pump shoe to be 1 degree off (angled down) to scrub speed. This is magnified when adding the extension I expect that this is why some like it with the wedge with it and some dont. You can have 1 boat with the shoe angled 1 degree up and another with it 1 degree down and that is basicly the difference of the 2 degree wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    You guys should keep in mind that not all hulls are the same. Some have a little more hook than others and not all pump shoes are aligned the same either. All it takes is for a pump shoe to be 1 degree off (angled down) to scrub speed. This is magnified when adding the extension I expect that this is why some like it with the wedge with it and some dont. You can have 1 boat with the shoe angled 1 degree up and another with it 1 degree down and that is basicly the difference of the 2 degree wedge.
    How do you make sure your pump show is alligned? I have yet to test my RXP with the SUCKMYWAKE Extension, and would like some info just in case..

pump extension help

OK. thanks for the in put .My rpms stay the same 8100 to 8120. TO the qestion about aligment I use a tool call angle finder plus level verry similar to a square but insted of a buble it has a dial much like a michrometer wich will give you a perfect reading. correct me if iam rong but with trim all way up the jet strim is not supose to touch the stering nozzle. IF it touches the bottom of your stering nozzle hang on be carfull you will loose your steering.That happend to me before the extension when i try a dubble wedge and eye ball the angle with out the proper tool. And if it touches the top you have drag = less speed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    This is very true, there is some tuning involved just as with almost any mod that you do. Some will have no tunning at all and some will have more than others. For some running the wedge will hurt them and others it will work great.
    As for the VTS rod on the pump extension kit, make sure that it is adjusted exactly 2" longer than the stock rod. If it is longer then you are not getting enough "up" trim and that won't allow you to run your best rpm's/speed. On everyone's ski there is a trim "sweet spot",you know where your's is and for those with the pump extension kit it is now 2" longer. Make sure your adjustments are correct

pump extension

When I did the alignment with the extension and solid mount it was a good thing, it was off. I am going to try adjusting my trim but it won't be for a week, work delays my fun. After I sort out the trim I am going to try a diffrent nozzle sizes. The input is appreciated, while I had it apart I also had Jim's performance cut the ride plate.

Thread Information