Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Recommended GPS?

Was wondering if anyone had a specific GPS they prefer using when riding to clock your top speed, etc. I recently purchased an '07 RXP with some modifications done by the previous owner.... wondering what it's topping out at. Any links to some different types would be appreciated, thanks!

I was 30 seconds from looking for this exact same thing. I am also in the market for a cheap, get the job done GPS.

i have the garmin eTrex Legend... its pretty decent. Its fairly cheap but it is black and white, the maps are not great. But good for the money. Shows bigger lakes, and can give me top speed, mainly what I was looking for.

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk guys. Try doing a search, this topic has come up a lot. I'm in the market for one as well, I'm looking at the Garmin 76 series, not sure which one just yet though.

Cool Cool, I'll look these two up and check out some other reviews, thanks!

Thanks for the welcome also!! I am new to Greenhulk and have read many topics on the RXP's, particularly the washer problem. Already sent my SC out to Jerry for the washer replacement and it's on it's way back now. Great site with a lot of great info!

+1
    welcome to the forum. feel free to use the advanced search feature also for topics

+1
    Welcome to greenhulk pieman and Chris. The etrex is one of the smallest and quite sufficient. The 76 series can be mounted in the glove box lid if you want to go that direction. You just have to order the lid off of a GTX Limited for about 55-60 bucks.

Awesome, thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PieManMighty View Post
    Was wondering if anyone had a specific GPS they prefer using when riding to clock your top speed, etc. I recently purchased an '07 RXP with some modifications done by the previous owner.... wondering what it's topping out at. Any links to some different types would be appreciated, thanks!
    I'm using the Garmin 76 CSx and the SD optional glove box lid which the GPS snaps right into. I was a little skeptical of the lid at first, but I did some rough riding first time out w/it and I was impressed. The 76CSx is shock proof, color screen, water resistant and floats. It's the only one I'd use. It can be pricey, off the shelf, but you can find some deals on the i-net. I bought mine from the local Cabela's store, but got it discounted in the "bargain cave". The salesman just returned it from a trial use period and it was 40% off - I would not have bought it at Cabela's other wise. I did see a compartively good price at this site (and bought some accessories, with a good experience):
    http://www.universalmania.com/Shop/C...itle/SFV/32528

I also use the 76 as my truck nav. aid w/NA City Maps downloaded. It is also an invaluable tool on my hiking and canoeing trips. I don't leave home w/out it...

It's easy to interface w/via the PC (routing and way points and such). I've really enjoyed "mapping" the bayous on my local waterways.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information