Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Watercooled boostercase.....

Has anyone tried running the watercooled rotax racing boostercase?I would think that in coldwater it would cool both the air and help keep the clutch cooler perhaps increasing supercharger reliability.Wouldnt one of these modifidied to run a c-wheel, rude2 or a et be the ultimate charger????

+1
    For 3000 dollars Ill deal with the heat factor... Bt yes,It would be interesting to see the differance in performance between the two..

Dont waste your $

I have also heard the gains (if any) are not worth the money. anyone else herd this?

+1
    I dont think that there would be massive gains with this but in racing when you need every last bit added to the fact that race boats are WOT nearly the whole time It would help keep things abit cooler. Not a rec ski mod IMO. R88

Banned User
    +1
    For rec, nah...The clutches are too far from the water-jacketed case and are cooled by the oil...

+1
    I am thinking that for endurance racing where lots of heat is generated for a long period of time both in the SC & in the hull (ambient) this type of SC would be very beneficial. I have been told by a well known European builder that they are used successfully in their endurance events. Oh screw it, I will let you know how it works in about 1 month at our 1st event. I don't they they will help as far as boost gains much if any.

Doug

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    I am thinking that for endurance racing where lots of heat is generated for a long period of time both in the SC & in the hull (ambient) this type of SC would be very beneficial. I have been told by a well known European builder that they are used successfully in their endurance events. Oh screw it, I will let you know how it works in about 1 month at our 1st event. I don't they they will help as far as boost gains much if any.

Doug
    I dont think you would see any boost increase but as you say for endurance and really high boost setups anything helps when racing. I think that Zapata races with one of these chargers but he probably has mega boost any very high RPM. R88

+1
    I'm pretty sure the Lemoine team are using these as it appears on their video there are alot of individual pissers being used.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    Oh screw it, I will let you know how it works in about 1 month at our 1st event.

Doug
    You could'nt stand it could you? I was wondering how long it would take for you to spill it.

+1
    Busted! LOL. I hate for someone else to spend the cash on one of these if I can get some real results & pass it along. Besides, my competetion knows I'll do whatever it takes.

Doug

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information