Thread: ???mods???

Arrow ???mods???

hey ive got a 1998 kawasaki XI sport

im just wondering weather a different impeller will make my ski faster at all??

or are there minor mods i can do at small expense to get better results???

just wondering if u could name some things and there cost if possible...

cheers for any help

Quote Originally Posted by brodie312 View Post
    hey ive got a 1998 kawasaki XI sport

im just wondering weather a different impeller will make my ski faster at all??

or are there minor mods i can do at small expense to get better results???

just wondering if u could name some things and there cost if possible...

cheers for any help

i wanna say yes and no to the impeller... a better angled one help... buuut if not done properly does more damage than help... go to a performance shop for that... from experience i like skat trak impellers or ocean pro.... even if not going to the ocean... uhhh as for other mods... new carbs, air intake, spark/flame arrestors, electro-polished manifolds (including exhaust and intake, though the exhaust one will need regular cleanings to keep that swift polish smooth and shining) new bars *not really to go fast but to get that better feel* new rideplates, milling the head - making higher compression for higher octane fuel *NOTE: doing this requires a higher octane... lower octanes will cause carbon buildup in the motor leading to a dieseling effect and making you have to open up the head to clean it up with an emory cloth* aftermarket: waterbox *ocean pro makes good ones for stand ups* and a new peroformance exhaust... coffman makes good ones... usually for standups though... i know a few people on the forums make and sell their own... you can peek around for that.....then you can go into the pump and making it sleeker, sanding the bottom down so there are no petruding parts allowing for a clean transition of water from end to end... OH i dont know if i mentioned rideplates..... get new ride plates and intake grates... make sure you do everything STEP BY STEP!!..... i cant stress that enough.. sometimes mods end up costing you be adding torque for lower or higher end speed.... sooo you will need to get a GPS!!! .... seriously... and do everything step by step... the guys on this forum do things in bulk because of experience... and if its one thing ive learned from reading forums... is patience and a positive attitude but good work ethic will get you to where you want to go... TRUST ME!... if you ahve any questions then fell free to ask.. ill do what i can to help... i knwo btldigger is rape at this... *in a good way * and a few other gods float around... check in daily for new threads on the how to section or project section so that you can see if others are doing what your doing...

i hope that helps and wasnt too much

good luck on the build!
    -flyin p.

Thread Information