Waveblaster 700 can't balance ??

I bought this very clean stock standard Waveblaster on Tuesday.
    You don't see many anymore in CT, they're all couches now.
    Never ridden a ski in my life, so now, after trying, I realise that's it's difficult to board and then to maintain balance.
    I can't even get on without keeling over sideways & falling off, much to the amusement of the rest of the beachgoers.

Anyway, any tips ?..... is there a technique to getting it right aside from practice,practice,practice ?
    One thing I don't want to practice though, is drowning.

Should I fit inflatable cylindrical fenders, one on each side of the ski, to act as "training wheels" until I feel steady enough to remove them ?

Many thanks - CTTN and I hope the pics uploaded to this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58773nh_20.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	123760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67017jg_20.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	123761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	592.6 KB 
ID:	123762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0111.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	580.7 KB 
ID:	123763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0114.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	123764  

+1
    Welcome to owning one of the best skis ever built. Yes...they take practice to get the hang of it. The most common mistake is folks trying to get on the ski to fast after falling off. You have to slowly balance your weight on the back as you put a knee on one side...then your elbow on the other and slowly get back up. Stop once your on the deck and reach up, start the blaster then climb back up on.

Once you get the hange of it....you will LOVE LOVE LOVE It. It's the sportbike effect on the water!! I would love to own that blue color one....sigh...we got stuck with purple and red here in the states!

M

very nice ski!
    looks as thou the last owner never got the hang of it to ride it and abuse it.. clean !!

Welcome to the forum.

Practice, practice, practice, only get on the ski enough to reach the bars and start it up. Once moving then you can climb up to the seat, you will eventually get it down and then you can invite your friends out to ride and laugh at them when they can't get on it. As far as jetskis with seats go, you have the best one.

+1
    Dam...that is one sexy blaster....I'm wishing we had something like that factory!

RELAX!!!! That is the one thing I tell anyone when they are on a blaster. It's a narrow ski, it's going to lean from side to side, don't be so fast to counteract that you make more work for yourself.

As far as boarding, I push up my body with both hands to where my waist is at the rear of the ski, then one knee up, and the other. Pause for a second and let the boat settle. Then I stand up and walk my way to the bars and sit down. I always thought reaching for the landyard from behind the seat was more trouble than it's worth.

its the same way on an old wr,you get get on slow (gp is unreal easy compaired to it) .. its a balancing act...advantage over the b1 is the seat is lower and the body is longer ( more to grab and more leverage in which to pull against)......its still narrow and tippy but thats what makes it fun!!!...

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    that is probably one of the coolest looking blaster I have ever seen!!! And yes, they take a bit to get used to...I used to riding them and they are a blast!!!! I would just like to get one of my own. ok....its set....Im getting one.

2008 JSRA Novice Sports class #2 ho11stien's Avatar
    You could always try and get the hang of "Wet starts" ....turn bars to the right and let the ski come under you...this takes some practice but looks cool when mastered.Or as said before,take your time and counteract balance.Dont stop trying the are one of the best skis for grin factor for sure,especially 1s with a tweaked motor,pipe and carbs and a RIVA groovy plate

Thread Information