Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AM I GETTING RIPPED OFF?

I POSTED THAT I CHEWED UP A ROPE IN MY INTAKE. WELL TOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND ITS GOING TO BE 800$. SAID THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE IMPELLER, WEAR RING, AND PUMP SUPORT (THE SHARK TEETH THING IN FRONT OF THE IMPELLER). DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GOOD PRICE. THEY CHARGE 85$ AN HOUR FOR LABOR. IM GETTING MY OLD STOCK IMPELLER BACK AND IT DOSENT LOOK TO BAD JUST LITLLE DINGS IM GOING TO GET IT REDONE AND REPITCHED WHO CAN DO IT. AND HOW MUCH. SHOULD HAVE THE SKI BACK BY SAT. WILL POST HOW IT RUNS. ALSO I LIVE IN OHIO AND AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE THAT DOES HIGH PERFORMANCE WORK ON SKIS, MY DEALER SAID THEY WOULD NOT PUT ON A NEW SOLIS IMPELLER IF ITS NOT OEM. SAID THEY DONT WANT LIABILITY, SOUNDS LIKE SOME BS TO ME.

i cant say anything about what they are charging you because im not sure..as for repitching the prop, go to impros..impros.com. i think its 90 for the race finish and everything. they say you can get about 1.5mph on top with the impros repitched stocker.

+1
    My dealer won't install anything but oem parts either. I am just curious, how did the rope tear up your impeller and pump? Was there something attached to the rope.

usually when you run over a rope it doesnt really do an extensive amount of damage.most of the time the prop gets dinged up a little bit. i guess it depends.....its just a pian to get the rope out once its all twisted up. a oem prop is 250 (i think) and wear ring is 45 and i have no idea how much a pump support is. its hard to tell what needs to be replaced without looking at it. did you get a chance to climb under there and take a look before you took it to the dealer?

I bet the majority of the labor cost is the labor to replace the pump support. It is a BITCH to replace. But if it's just the little fins that are damaged and not anything else, I wouldn't replace it for now. I would just cut them down so they are all the same and live with it for the time being.

Wear ring and impeller replacement should be about 1 to 1.5 hours tops. (I would be really suprised if they get 1.5 hours for it). $85 an hour is about right for the labor, if not a little on the high side. But if they do good work, I wouldn't quibble about the rate.

Impros can clean up your prop and should be somewhere around $90 unless it has serious damage an needs welding buildup.

let's do the math
    pump support - ~$100
    wear ring- ~$45
    impeller- ~$220
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    total parts ~$365

that leaves $435 for labor.
    - 1.5hrs for impeller and wear ring
    leaves $307 for pump support replacement
    which is just about 3.5 hours labor for pump support.

I would have to say that that is not an unreasonable price. It's expensive, but not unreasonable.

the rope had a little boye attached to it. but it wasnt floting. i think it was chewed up already. just under the water. the pump housing is about 115$ hopfully i have back by sat ill get some video of it stock on the water.

o yea it broke all the shark fin things in the housing and i would rather have it replace than chance it without it there. if it had them stock then i will pay to have them back. hope fully it runs good sat.

If it was me I would send the prop off to impros for the stage 3 12/19.5, replace the wear ring myself and forget about replacing the pump support. It will cost you less than $150 and I bet your ski will go faster also on the repitch.

PAINKILLER.............where are you located in Ohio? My dealer doesn't have a problem using performance parts
    The head tech there is a gearhead that LOVES to make HORSEPOWER PLUS,I BELIEVE their hourly rate is only 65 bucks an hour.........but don't quote me on that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information